A&H

" I'm keeping my mouth shut"

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Open Age Division 3 game today Blue 3rd placed and Red 4th placed teams playing, level on points so i know its going to be fast and furious (and it was) . Blue player running with ball in midfield and has his shirt pulled by a red, hear a shout " foul ref, we'll have that " Blue player still got ball and still running so i give " play on, advantage" and showing the arm signal. Blue zigzags round two players gets to edge of box and lets rip with a thunderbolt shot straight into the bottom corner of the goal 1-1. Blue that shouted for a foul comes up to me and says "great advantage ref, guess i'm keeping my mouth shut from now on". My reply " Good idea that blue".
Second half starts, and defender covering loose ball in penalty box and craftily gives it a nudge to the keeper and i'm standing 6 yards away blow whistle to give IDFK and keeper whacks it over onto next pitch, so i caution him for that. no goal scored in resulting kick, and then the keeper kicks it up field and a blue player is tripped and i hear " foul ref, we'll oh! forget it" yep same player as before and i say " no advantage this time you'll get your free kick" he found that very funny ?????
Great game though good end to end football, and reds run out 6-2 winners and go second in the table.

The Referee Store
Back