A&H

I made a mistake by disallowing a penalty and I have reported my error to my County FA today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Well done for recognising your error and apologising - it shows we are all human. I don't believe you should be sanctioned though - if we were all sanctioned every time we made an error that would be zero referees left. We all make them! The main thing is that you learn from it and move on.

Remember that referees at the top level of the game have made the same mistake, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Don't think the CFA would take any action unless the club made a formal complaint, and it sounds like that won't be happening.

Remember that referees at the top level of the game have made the same mistake, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Don't think the CFA would take any action unless the club made a formal complaint, and it sounds like that won't be happening.
Had a response for the County FA. Basically, I have made a mistake, recognised it, learn from it and can move on, no action taken against me. Great news. :)

Well done for recognising your error and apologising - it shows we are all human. I don't believe you should be sanctioned though - if we were all sanctioned every time we made an error that would be zero referees left. We all make them! The main thing is that you learn from it and move on.
My County FA agree with you. So I can continue to improve, learn and move on . Kindest regards Graham

Last edited:
You are a new referee learning.

Do not worry about it.

I would have simply admitted the error, reported it and moved on.

I make mistakes every other week. When in my first handful of games I would think about them all the time. I don't do it on purpose and it is what it is. Always learning

You are a new referee learning.

Do not worry about it.

I would have simply admitted the error, reported it and moved on.

I make mistakes every other week. When in my first handful of games I would think about them all the time. I don't do it on purpose and it is what it is. Always learning
Thank you for the support and advice. I will report and move on in future. All the best Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back