A&H

Huddersfield Vs Stoke

Joshref

RefChat Addict
In the stadium, in Huddersfield end, so could be different for those who watched it on Sky Sports, but Josh Koroma surely should have seen red.

Despite the Huddersfield fans around me moaning the Stoke player was being soft, but it looked clear Huddersfield should have been down to 10 men. I’ll try find a clip, but for anyone that watched it; surely a red?

Ref chose no foul and no sanction btw

The Referee Store
I couldn’t believe he didn’t even give a foul, he was only about 10 yards away as well.

Ref and 4th have had a mare here. AR see,s to have a blocked view but this tackle simply needs to be punished, with a red.

Absolutely no way the 4th has not seen that, chosen to leave it to the referee

Sickening challenge

Looked like a pen as well, but haven’t got a clip of that. If anyone was watching or had a clip, would be interesting.

Sadly, the ref had mare in general, even late on, he blew the whistle for a foul from Joe Allen on Sorba, then as it rolled out of play gave a throw in. Just really awkward. Seemed like he messed up with this earlier mistake and then snowball effect kicked in.

In real time, most of us wouldn't have recognised this as SFP
O don't rate this Referee, but this incident won't stick in my memory

Idk I was at the ground. You could tell it was a bad incident instantly. His positioning is good enough to see it as well.

I tend to struggle watching any games with Gavin Ward or Keith Stroud in the middle in the championship. 9 times out of 10 they’ll be fine but there’s that always that lingering expectation of a key incident being incorrect.

I agree though that in split second we could miss SFP but to give nothing? That shouldn’t be happening

It's an unexpected 'act' happening in a fraction of of a second. You either miss it or you don't. Seeing it does not necessarily mean you didn't miss it. If you don't miss it I don't see how it could be anything but SFP. If you do miss it I don't see how you could give a foul.

Getting this right very much comes down to positioning and alertness. I'd expect a top flight referee to have both those attributes. I consider Championship top flight.

If we dont see that as SFP then we wont ever see anything as such

the Huddersfield player begins the tackle with a raised boot , the angle of the leg, where it catches the opponent,

At the most guessy of guesses, the refs quickly replayed it in his head but given too much thought to the Stoke player not appearing hurt, thinking, well, if he really has done him, he be screaming on the floor.. Really amazed the Stoke bench never made more of it too.

The moment the blue player is going to attempt a tackle with his boot at that angle, it already smells of SFP. When the contact is made, SFP is pungent

we have to see these. Or, at very bare minimum, we need to recognise this as a foul!

Ref and 4th have had a mare here. AR see,s to have a blocked view but this tackle simply needs to be punished, with a red.

Absolutely no way the 4th has not seen that, chosen to leave it to the referee

Sickening challenge
Considering it’s on the opposite side of the pitch to the technical areas (you can see them at the top of the picture!) there no way the 4th official can see the challenge

Yes, it’s a shocking challenge and should have been red but let’s be sensible about looking at why is may have been missed

Considering it’s on the opposite side of the pitch to the technical areas (you can see them at the top of the picture!) there no way the 4th official can see the challenge

Yes, it’s a shocking challenge and should have been red but let’s be sensible about looking at why is may have been missed

I stand corrected. I saw the tackle then the shot of the bench,

my bad,

Yip, absolve 4th. 100% me not watching properly.

If we dont see that as SFP then we wont ever see anything as such

the Huddersfield player begins the tackle with a raised boot , the angle of the leg, where it catches the opponent,

At the most guessy of guesses, the refs quickly replayed it in his head but given too much thought to the Stoke player not appearing hurt, thinking, well, if he really has done him, he be screaming on the floor.. Really amazed the Stoke bench never made more of it too.

The moment the blue player is going to attempt a tackle with his boot at that angle, it already smells of SFP. When the contact is made, SFP is pungent

we have to see these. Or, at very bare minimum, we need to recognise this as a foul!
It's just that I didn't detect the severity whilst watching the game live ont tele
Can't say if I'd have missed it at ground level

It's just that I didn't detect the severity whilst watching the game live ont tele
Can't say if I'd have missed it at ground level

Neither did the commentary team, until the reverse angle replay anyway. Doesn’t excuse the challenge at all, but being wise after the event isn’t good either.

The over the shoulder shot wasn’t helpful despite the TV claims as you don’t actually see the point of contact properly, and I suspect there’s a body in line of sight too.

I did wonder afterward if there can be retrospective action because there was no sanction.

And on match incidents, add in the missed penalty call at the other end in the same half and it’s one of those games that we all dread. You miss one KMI, know you have, and hope you nail everything else. And then miss a second. Very easy to lose all self-belief and hope to get to the final whistle quickly.

I can see why he has missed it, from the opposite angle it looks terrible but from the view the referee had it isn't anywhere near as obvious. Should be seeing it, but is far from the worst mistake I've seen.

Back