A&H

'Hot chick' could lead to 'hot water'

princess-diana-minefield-sized.jpg

....and then there was this hot chick in a minefield

The Referee Store
I am often hot in the workplace. I am forever opening windows which my work colleagues promptly close. :)

I put it down to years spent out in the cold, either chasing balls or officiating others as they chase balls.

As identified by Haywain, for the purposes of officiating at a match, we are in the workplace. Calling a colleague a "hot chick" could be determined to be undermining them. There is absolutely no excuse for such sexist language. Birds don't like it! :(

There is absolutely no excuse for such sexist language. Birds don't like it! :(
Well speaking as a female I think most women would take it as a compliment! The problems arise when sexual references are made. That's taking it too far.

However, the lady in this story must also take some responsibility. Surely she didn't think she could take part in a football match wearing such a skimpy uniform and not attract such comments?

:rolleyes:
rolleyes.png

I was being ironic. Hence the reference to birds. Despite what you ladies believe some of us blokes know how to use an iron.

She should probably be wearing a uniform that's slightly less revealing if she doesn't want any comments. You're just asking for it if you're wearing shorts like that.

Whilst I accept that offence is extremely subjective (ie it depends on the person) are there not bigger issues to worry about? Sometime people take things too literally, too personally, or take themselves too seriously.

I had a problem with this before, I was refereeing a match and there was a hot girl on the touchline about my age in leggings. It took a lot of energy to concentrate on the game ;)

The problem is this girl is from Llandudno Junction up north and I live in Swansea down south... I'm not going to spend 4 hours in a car to go out on a date, I might get a Llandudno game when they travel down to play one of the southern teams but unless that happens I ain't traveling up there!

The problem is this girl is from Llandudno Junction up north and I live in Swansea down south... I'm not going to spend 4 hours in a car to go out on a date, I might get a Llandudno game when they travel down to play one of the southern teams but unless that happens I ain't traveling up there!
Rookie mistake there Aled! Never go after a girl who lives that far away...and I'm talking from painful experience!

Last time I went out in Cardiff it was November and I remember saying to the wife "god they must be freezing cold!" As we passed some young ladies wearing about half the material needed to make a tissue.

That is when I knew I was old :D sad day.

Last edited:
Back