A&H

Heard the shout

Little Derek

Level 7 Referee
What do you guys do, or advise to do when you hear shouts like I did today, such as "We're playing against 12 here" or other similar shouts, which are indirectly towards you as the referee?

The Referee Store
What do you guys do, or advise to do when you hear shouts like I did today, such as "We're playing against 12 here" or other similar shouts, which are indirectly towards you as the referee?

Have a word using the stepped approach, tell them anymore and they will be carded, they don't need to know you can't really card them if it's not direct :p

As Ryan says, and yes, you can card them whether it is directly aimed at someone or not - Unsporting Remarks and/or gestures - should be a USB code? We have different codes here but that would go in as "Y17 - Unsporting remarks or gestures" on the misconduct form.

I've called players over for this and asked them to explain themselves, as what I have just heard is that they are saying I am a cheat? Once they hear the c word they have back tracked at pace for fear of a OFFINABUS.

I've never had a game where a player I stupid enough to do it again.

Back