A&H

Hammers Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
AR clanger for the Liverpool goal. Actually it’s worst mistake I can remember. As far as I saw AR was 4-5 m too close to the goal line and couldn’t see thd Lallana’s through ball was to Bobby 2m off.

Also, no appeals but clear holding by Noble on the equalizer. Very clever but an offence.

The Referee Store
Far side AR behind the play a little misses a touch on the cross for a corner.

Poor guy. He had to have a new flag in the first half.

And it looked like he just guessed a ball in out there... he looks embarassed... and a little on the heavy side in this company!

Oh dear. Just before half time, AR2 again, maybe a yard behind the defence, great through ball, Salah called onside. Replays show he’s wrong again.

This is not what we’ve come to expect.

AR1 also looked like he missed the Rice free header offside becsuse he wasn’t looking across the line when the kick was taken.

Beenna long day chaps?

Simon Beck won't be looking back on this game with any fondness. Liverpool goal miles offside, then right at the end he's flagged Salah off when he was well on. Missed a deflection to give a goal kick instead of a corner, although in fairness the referee should be leading there.

I do have some sympathy on the goal, as he has got to watch for ball out of play, a potential foul, and the offside line all at the same time and that is impossible. He's focused too long on play and took his eye off the offside line leaving him way out of position.

As far as his positioning goes, that’s pretty poor

Attachments

• 5FBB89B0-AC91-4E00-8D71-BDAF9FB1B5CF.jpeg
    5FBB89B0-AC91-4E00-8D71-BDAF9FB1B5CF.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 44
As Caragher spat out, "the AR should have moved back, rather than down the line"

I recall a similar incident vs city at spurs a few years ago. Followed the ball/attacker rather than the defensive line.

Argh... AR2 again... off VVD for a throw but AR2 keeps the flag down expecting the foul whistle. VVD wants the foul. AR2 just should have flagged it. Looked poor.

Poor from the official for the goal. I can forgive him for that but as for a middle aged guy with a tramline in his hair, totally unforgivable!!!

And the last play of the game is just atrocious from AR1. He’s looking at the ball and doesn’t flag the blatantly offside Origi who is in on goal.

Liverpool were poor, sorely lacking creativity and urgency, Keita and Fabinho prosaic, Firminho and Lallana wasted tonight... but the memory of this game will be of some sub-Bostik line work. Oh dear.

Reactions: JH
as a city fan i was absolutely fuming with this last night!

but as a ref looking at it objectively i think it's fairly easy to make the mistake. with the ball that close to you and the touch line you have several things to look at directly which prevent you from seeing the defensive line. as a result you get carried away moving down the line and find yourself several yards out of position. I think this is quite an easy mistake to make, certainly one i've made, but thankfully i dont have cameras at every angle confirming i've ballsed it up!

the second one in injury time on origi is the one that confuses me more, looks a pretty straightforward offside, not moving at pace, AR in perfect position...

Am sure there was an offside goal given at Old Trafford last season very similar, AR simply got caught ball watching, was 4/5 yards off 2nd last defender and before you know it, striker had ball and AR was in no mans land.

Should it happen? No. Are we all human, even at the highest level? yes. As the above correctly points out, it will happen to me, you and your pal, and probably in every game you could freeze frame and we be out of position at some point, it was simply that, nothing more, nothing less, he was caught out of position, same happens to a gk if he cant decide whether to come or stay to clear a through ball and so on......human

in a strange way, the AR deserves a bit of credit for not guessing, and I mean that, he must have thought, oh oh, that looks offside, but, from where he was, it would have been a guess.....if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back