A&H

Greetings All

The Zebra

BAFRA Member #217
After a career of some 18 years in the world of refereeing soccer (as I must now refer to it as) - and growing more and more disillusioned with the politics of local FAs and the feeling that once we reached a certain age (i.e. not classed as "Young Referees") that we were left to our own devices in the wilderness (no training, special conferences or talent groups for you sir!) I gracefully retired from the game two years ago.

And one thing which resulted from such a break - I wasn't missing the game at all!

Anyway - I always had an interest in football (that's the American code for those who are interested) - and am an NFL fan - and used to work for our local University Team.

So a couple of weeks ago - I went through the course and Competency Exam to qualify as a Referee/Official - and my first appointment is coming up this Sunday, with Birmingham Bulls vs. Coventry Jets as a Line Judge.

I think I could offer some experience and advice here as well as learning new skills to transfer from soccer to football and vice-versa...

The Referee Store
Back