A&H

Goalkeeper Captains

id rather tell the goalkeeper to hand over the armband or be prepared to come to wherever I am

The Referee Store
Tell the goalkeeper to hand over the armband, how on earth can you tell him that? I dont quite understand what the issue would be?

I don't see what the issue would be getting the keeper to come to you? it is their choice to be captain, so that's that

Completely disagree I would always use someone else on the pitch rather get the keeper to come 50/60 yards out of his goal, I think by doing that you are almost inviting dissent

I've been advised if the GK is the captain then you have to use the GK - no one else - one point of contact only

Yes, logistically this can be a pain - but - it can be also be used to your advantage - especially if as part of the stepped approach - you want to take time out of the game (trotting 70 yards down to the GK and back can allow for tempers to calm a little)

No sorry I completely disagree, I have been with many a ref who has asked for another point of contact. Like I said earlier if the captain is not one for taking to anyway what is stopping you from speaking to another player instead? Certainly nothing in law. Each to there own.

... I will certainly look to use the GK in the first instance - if they don't play ball - as with any other (outfield) player who is captain - then I'm perfectly happy to deal directly with the player who needs calming down on my own

You're right @Cheshire Ref - need to find what works for each ref on each (different) game ... any player who helps calms someone down (captain or not) is an ally on the battlefield :)

to be fiar though, the captain should be someone on the team that is a responsible and authoritable figure on the field of play for that team ... so he/she should be someone that you can talk to etc

'Unicorns' are real ... research the Okapi ...
X-Factor does produce talent ... One Direction, Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, JLS etc. are all worth millions
and Emile Heskeys goal ratio is a goal every 4.75 games which is better than quite a few out there ...

'Unicorns' are real ... research the Okapi ...
X-Factor does produce talent ... One Direction, Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, JLS etc. are all worth millions
and Emile Heskeys goal ratio is a goal every 4.75 games which is better than quite a few out there ...

Don't mean to be a statto but none of them won X Factor :)

Back