A&H

Open Age Friendly end of Match mass confrontation

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Hi all today I had a friendly which at the end of the game went from being a friendly to be completely different way and ended in a mass confrontation at moment I have decided to put a report into my county FA and with help with a neutral ar now I did not send off because there was no team sheet and I'm just reporting it via this misconduct form is there anything you could advise me on when going through this

The Referee Store
Hi all today I had a friendly which at the end of the game went from being a friendly to be completely different way and ended in a mass confrontation at moment I have decided to put a report into my county FA and with help with a neutral ar now I did not send off because there was no team sheet and I'm just reporting it via this misconduct form is there anything you could advise me on when going through this
I had said same happen to me season just gone, it was a league that doesn't provide team sheets, so when i sent a report in( i abandoned the match) i reported both teams and said that all players were involved ( no need for names) job done... both teams got sanctioned.

Out of interest why did it flare up like that? Was there anything in the game that was contentious?

It was more or less the end of the the game as it was a bad tackle and that was it they just piled in

Each pre-season I wonder whether I've made the right decision by not agreeing to referee friendly matches and whether the lack of warm up would affect me starting the season well..

Each year I repeatedly hear of "friendlies" that are far from and remember why I stopped doing them in the first place!

Each pre-season I wonder whether I've made the right decision by not agreeing to referee friendly matches and whether the lack of warm up would affect me starting the season well..

Each year I repeatedly hear of "friendlies" that are far from and remember why I stopped doing them in the first place!
The only time i would not do a friendly is if i was expected to be "lenient" in my decisions.........................

I did a friendly a few years ago as a favour for a mate. Two teams from a league I was registered in as an official, but rarely did games (helped out if really desperate).
Halfway through second, two morons decide they're Lennox & Tyson. Both dismissed, game continued (in wonderful spirit too!) and came to a natural & normal conclusion. Spoke to both managers at end of game to confirm players names (I knew both anyway, but wanted to be seen to be doing it the 'correct' way) and both gave them to me. Asked what I'd do next and the normal procedure was and I told them I'd send to league and CFA and I'd imagine a 35 days ban from week 1 of league season (before MBD was brought in). Bit grumbley but sort of accepted it and that's what they both got...guess who got their cup-tie 7 weeks later when these two were allowed back............!!!!

I did a friendly a few years ago as a favour for a mate. Two teams from a league I was registered in as an official, but rarely did games (helped out if really desperate).
Halfway through second, two morons decide they're Lennox & Tyson. Both dismissed, game continued (in wonderful spirit too!) and came to a natural & normal conclusion. Spoke to both managers at end of game to confirm players names (I knew both anyway, but wanted to be seen to be doing it the 'correct' way) and both gave them to me. Asked what I'd do next and the normal procedure was and I told them I'd send to league and CFA
Sounds like ban from league football but not cup matches.....

There are no such things as 'friendlies' that's why they should be known only as pre season matches!!! Your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't when it comes to sanctions. I did a game on Sunday afternoon and had one silly boy that wanted to throw himself around into tackles. I warned him, then used the skipper and after the 3rd time I told the manager to deal with him and I've been informed that he will not be signing for the team after his behaviour.

For me in pre season I try to differentiate between the foul that has occurred because the players are not quite fully match sharp and the silly ones where they are throwing themselves in and I act accordingly....

Back