A&H

Open Age free kick for simulation

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
not in my game, but , as i didnt have a game last sunday i went for a walk in the morning to the local park to see if there were any games that survived the weather. I was in luck as there were 2 being played on adjacent pitches, so i had my choice. i went with reds v blues.
Blue 5 and red 11 were having a decent little battle all game, and about mid way through the second half blue shoved red in the back and red went down, appealing... ref says no way ! ok fair enough, he's seen it differently.
But, it happens again 2 minutes later, and he blows his whistle, isolates red and gives him a stern talking to ''either you stay on your feet, or your in the book, its up to you fella'' and awards IDFK to blue.
i cant think how though, as hes not stopped play to caution. What have i missed there ?

The Referee Store
If he think's the player is simulating then it should've been a caution.

If you're stopping play to deal with it, you're putting the player in the book.......if you want to have a word about it, do it when the ball is out of play or on the way past.......

Yep, although simulation isn't a "warnable" offence in my book. If you see it, you punish it with a card on the first instance and if you don't see it, you don't have a decision to make.

If you think someone's going down easily, you might want to have a quiet word, but even then I don't see the justification for stopping play to do so.

Last edited:
Back