A&H

'Foul' on Fraser Forster.....

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
last night, not for me, but probably not a 'serious and obvious' error to give it, but just makes it more difficult for players to challenge GKs and for us to allow them I guess?

The Referee Store
I think we could argue if it was really a foul, but once Taylor calls it then VAR is never getting involved.

It wasn't a foul, but no way VAR can get involved.

I know where you're coming from, but that's way fans will never accept var in its current form. How can you possibly explain that to any fan without sounding crazy?

I know where you're coming from, but that's way fans will never accept var in its current form. How can you possibly explain that to any fan without sounding crazy?
You'd just have to try and explain that it is only for very, very obvious errors and isn't designed to re-referee the game. Although PGMOL continually raising and lowering the bar for VAR doesn't make it easy to explain to anyone, referees included.

You'd just have to try and explain that it is only for very, very obvious errors and isn't designed to re-referee the game. Although PGMOL continually raising and lowering the bar for VAR doesn't make it easy to explain to anyone, referees included.
Except the consistency isn't there is it?

Can't remember the game (helpful I know!) but a goal was disallowed in this round of PL games "by VAR" for a slight foul, if that makes sense, in the build up - no way was that a 'very very obvious' error.

As you say its impossible to logically explain the illogical! ;)

Except the consistency isn't there is it?

Can't remember the game (helpful I know!) but a goal was disallowed in this round of PL games "by VAR" for a slight foul, if that makes sense, in the build up - no way was that a 'very very obvious' error.

As you say its impossible to logically explain the illogical! ;)

Indeed, hence my comment about PGMOL continually moving the bar. No one seems to know what VAR should and shouldn't be getting involved in, and I include the VAR officials in that. They have must more consistency in UEFA games but for some reason PGMOL keep dabbling, presumably under pressure from clubs.

Indeed, hence my comment about PGMOL continually moving the bar. No one seems to know what VAR should and shouldn't be getting involved in, and I include the VAR officials in that. They have must more consistency in UEFA games but for some reason PGMOL keep dabbling, presumably under pressure from clubs.
Yes that could well be the case. The problem is the clubs can never be trusted to look at anything, including VAR, objectively.

I suspect their views on VAR change week to week, depending if they have been affected adversely by any interventions or not!

Yes that could well be the case. The problem is the clubs can never be trusted to look at anything, including VAR, objectively.

I suspect their views on VAR change week to week, depending if they have been affected adversely by any interventions or not!

Yes, not dissimilar to clubs seemingly not able to field 13 players then demanding to be able to use 5 subs.

Yes, not dissimilar to clubs seemingly not able to field 13 players then demanding to be able to use 5 subs.
I try to ignore most managers comments, they often make no sense and/or are at complete odds with the match we have all just seen.

Even the QPR manager ;) has his moments!

Having spent the whole season bemoaning the fact that they play too many games in a short space of time, he really said this prior to the recent game against Bournemouth (QPR's first for a while due to a couple of Covid postponements) : "The biggest problem we have is not having played for 3 weeks":eek:

Back