A&H

Foreigner

Tides

Hello, I apologize if this isn't the appropriate forum.
I come from Greece and I am going to study in the UK starting this September.
I have been a referee since March 2013.
My questions are these: (i) Can I start refereeing in the UK without having to retake a course?
(ii) What level will I officiate provided that I have been an assistant referee in adult level and a
referee in U15 for a full season?

The Referee Store
Hello, I apologize if this isn't the appropriate forum.
I come from Greece and I am going to study in the UK starting this September.
I have been a referee since March 2013.
My questions are these: (i) Can I start refereeing in the UK without having to retake a course?
(ii) What level will I officiate provided that I have been an assistant referee in adult level and a
referee in U15 for a full season?
i) I'm not entirely sure, others here would probably be of more help or you could contact the Referee Development Officer (RDO) of the county you are going to be living in
ii) You will be Level 7, assuming you are over 16.

any questions like this can be sent to your future RDO who will be able to help

You will require international clearance first. When you know where you are studying and arrival dates contact the local Football Association and explain the situation. If International Clearance is granted then you will be matched to the most appropriate level in this country, and leagues after that.

For Wales you need to contact Rodger Gifford >RGifford[at]faw.co.uk and he will guide you from there and what to do.
Good pick BTW, Welsh is best!

If you plan to move around a bit in the UK you'll need to deal with each of the national associations. We may be one country but 4 nations.

For Wales you need to contact Rodger Gifford >RGifford[at]faw.co.uk and he will guide you from there and what to do.
Good pick BTW, Welsh is best!

Thank you very much Aled!

If you plan to move around a bit in the UK you'll need to deal with each of the national associations. We may be one country but 4 nations.

I am aware of it Darren, that's the reason I wrote "the UK" in general in my first post, and I clarified my firm choice in the second.
Anyway, thanks a lot for responding!

Back