A&H

First observation

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
So I had my first observation yesterday, 4w-3w (so 5-4 report), which is annoying because I am doing 7-6 at the same time and haven't even had the match day coaching yet!

Just wondered how I would receive the report and how long I could expect to wait?

The Referee Store
It depends on the observer, they normally let you know after the game and say I hope to get it across by a certain date. That goes to the RDO first who then checks and sends it to you. In my case (5-4) it has always been emailed to me within 3 days.

It also depends on the County FA in question and what their guidance to Observers is.

For instance, my County FA stipulates that Observers have to have the report completed and sent out within 7 days of the match else the (observer) fee is reduced. ;)

It also depends on the County FA in question and what their guidance to Observers is.

For instance, my County FA stipulates that Observers have to have the report completed and sent out within 7 days of the match else the (observer) fee is reduced. ;)
How on Earth anyone can write an accurate report 7+ days later is beyond me. Surely, the quicker it's done, the more accurate it will be whilst memories of the game are fresh in the mind

Reactions: Kes
Game i was observed on, on the 16th, got the moas email alert at 10am on the 18th to say observer report was available.

How on Earth anyone can write an accurate report 7+ days later is beyond me. Surely, the quicker it's done, the more accurate it will be whilst memories of the game are fresh in the mind
I can barely remember what happened 45 minutes ago after a game!

Agreed. Anything later than 10 days and no fee is payable.;)
Personally, mine are always done and dusted within 48 hours normally.
Personal circumstances can get in the way on the odd occasion, bearing in mind that it can take anything between 2 and 6 hours to produce a final report (event dependent) that doesn't do the candidate an injustice...

It depends on the observer, they normally let you know after the game and say I hope to get it across by a certain date. That goes to the RDO first who then checks and sends it to you. In my case (5-4) it has always been emailed to me within 3 days.
Did a match on Saturday, sent report (5-4) to RDO yesterday and it was approved and released last night.

Agreed. Anything later than 10 days and no fee is payable.;)
Personally, mine are always done and dusted within 48 hours normally.
Personal circumstances can get in the way on the odd occasion, bearing in mind that it can take anything between 2 and 6 hours to produce a final report (event dependent) that doesn't do the candidate an injustice...
Took me 30 minutes to do the 5-4 report yesterday, no major development or KMI so relatively simple to do.

Took me 30 minutes to do the 5-4 report yesterday, no major development or KMI so relatively simple to do.
Each to their own I guess. Granted, you've likely been observing a lot longer than me (5 years) but after referring to all the notes in chronological order that I take during the 90 minutes and then applying each to their relevant box, I'm looking at a couple of hours work, even for a match in which little happened and most marks are just the standard 7.

Back