A&H

Open Age First OA Game

Awesome bit of information!

I love the idea of someone at the peak of the refereeing ladder, 1,000s of games under their belt and still being human.
He has that look of disappointment. I think Dean is very emotionally connected to the game and it shows - at least it is very close to the surface and hard to control, so sometimes pops out. Chanting at Tranmere, celebrating advantage goal, no look cards…

I empathise a lot here as I find it very difficult to disconnect. TBH love him and his attitude and that he was able to the job, as himself, to such a high level.

The Referee Store
He has that look of disappointment. I think Dean is very emotionally connected to the game and it shows - at least it is very close to the surface and hard to control, so sometimes pops out. Chanting at Tranmere, celebrating advantage goal, no look cards…

I empathise a lot here as I find it very difficult to disconnect. TBH love him and his attitude and that he was able to the job, as himself, to such a high level.
In the words of teenage girls these days: oh my god he is SO me 😂

ITS BACK ON!!

Finally got the the first OA fixture on Saturday, really excited and looking forward to it!

A few nerves there obviously but it should be enjoyable and hopefully the first of many!
In bigger adult games, I take a moment from my usual pre match for a deep breath and prep myself mentally for the “battle”. Even if it never comes, if I’m expecting it and ready for it then it’ll go better usually.

Good luck and enjoy it!

I also got pulled up on a coaching visit last March for looking down at the floor after giving decisions. I didn't have a video, but once he said it I realised he was correct.
Similarly, I got pulled up on looking at my watch too often. Probably unconsciously looking down, so try to avoid doing that now.

To join the fun, I got pulled for this. After giving a big decision, or waiting for a goal kick to be taken, I’d just stare at my watch. Really reduced my presence on FoP

GAME DONE!!!

Absolutely buzzing at the moment, one of those amazing feelings!

4 Yellow Cards - all nailed on for me. Only one that was slightly debatable was a yellow for Dangerous Play.

Compliments all around from both winning team, losing team and some spectators so I must've had a half decent game!

Think that's made my mind up about going for promotion next season, I cannot wait!!

GAME DONE!!!

4 Yellow Cards - all nailed on for me. Only one that was slightly debatable was a yellow for Dangerous Play.

Compliments all around from both winning team, losing team and some spectators so I must've had a half decent game!

Think that's made my mind up about going for promotion next season, I cannot wait!!
Congrats mate.

Definitely did something right!

Get your next one pencilled in asap

GAME DONE!!!

Congrats. Appreciate the update as I’m going to be looking for some OA friendlies in the summer when Y becomes 7.

GAME DONE!!!

Congrats! Had my first OA yesterday too, mine wasn't quite as successful though!

Back