A&H

First Middle with neutral ARs

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Been given my first league cup final at the weekend and it’s my first time with neutral ARs. I’ve never been a neutral AR (club AR post qualification but it’s not the same ofc).

I’m reading all the materials online of course about responsibilities on the day but would welcome any tips :) especially for briefing before and half time

The Referee Store
Been given my first league cup final at the weekend and it’s my first time with neutral ARs. I’ve never been a neutral AR (club AR post qualification but it’s not the same ofc).

I’m reading all the materials online of course about responsibilities on the day but would welcome any tips :) especially for briefing before and half time
First of all, congrats on the appointment!

Having neutral AR’s for the first time can be great, but also a bit daunting as it can sometimes become a bit tricky if you get an AR who wants to get a bit too involved. Below is a list that was sent to me by a FL ref back when I was a level 6/7. It may be slightly too in depth, but it could be tailored to your needs

• 1. Seniority
  • 2. Player’s Equipment Check
  • 3. Middle, Nets, Middle
  • 4. Right Wings – Senior Assistant Dugout Side
  • 5. Offside – Indication, acceptance etc
  • 6. Goal Kicks – Indicate – move up to 2nd rear most defender
  • 7. Corner Kicks – Behind the flag both sides
  • 8. Fouls & Misconduct
  • 9. Penalty Kicks – Indication, Goalkeeper Movement
  • 10. Throw-ins – broken up into halves/ thirds, eye contact
  • 11. All restarts – ensure we always restart correctly in Law – maybe suggest Junior AR monitors this
  • 12. Mass Confrontation – 3 pronged approach – discuss with you before I take action
  • 13. Writing – who’s taking notes
  • 14. 4th Official – Technical Area – Be proactive, expectations, where subs warm up, make sure subs are ready to come on

Back