A&H

First and probably not the last.....

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
What a coincidence, just checking my kit which be nice and clean.... boots clean and dubbed, paperwork all up to date (match sheet) happy bunny :) and then my email pings at me..... match tomorrow cancelled..pitch waterlogged ... so now waiting for another ping(hopefully) with another match..... sigh :-(

The Referee Store
Had first postponed match of the season today, hoping not to get the dreaded phone call tomorrow morning, otherwise it could be a weekend without a match

Fingers crossed

I must admit I didn't think my game would survive today when I saw the rain coming down in the night.

Got to the venue and they were brushing the water out the goalmouth, but it was fine to play.

The best part is that a Step 7 game was played on it as well this afternoon (pitch was still ok when I finished my game) but in the rules for that step 7 league is that no games should be played on the pitch in the morning.

Somebody is being naughty ;)

Had first postponed match of the season today, hoping not to get the dreaded phone call tomorrow morning, otherwise it could be a weekend without a match

Fingers crossed

I thought mine would be off.... even phoned in the morning to double check, luckily it was on for me, no issues.... apart from three cautions, one of which in response to a players teammate being fouled, he waved an imaginary card wanting me to book the opposition player... that didn't happen although i did caution the player for showing the imaginary card.

I observed rather than refereed today ..

.. 7 hours later and I'm just about drying off ...!

Back