A&H

Fenerbahce Vs Besiktas - Women

As you say, "they didn't see it" is just an assumption though isn't it? I am thinking it's the latter, also an assumption.

If it's my team and I lost, I'd certainly try my luck.
It is an assumption because I'm hopeful that officials at that level understand the laws. But even if they saw it and got it wrong I would suspect they will just band together and say they didn't see it. They are hardly likely to admit that they saw it but didn't know what to do, so it will be deemed as human error rather than incorrect in law.

The Referee Store
This is the most telling point for me. AR has clearly seen it.

Screenshot_20231123-153754~2.jpg

The referee's natural next phase position is away from play and easy (though not expected at this level) to look away from where the ball is. But the AR's next phase action is to continue looking at the direction of play.

The AR is standing her place like a deer in the headlights, waiting for referee to make a decision so she can follow the lead. This tells me she doesn't know what to do. She should have raised her flag and saved the referee here.

Anyway, this is not and won't be the first time the officials team at top flight have dropped a clanger. And I had asked the question of the promotion criteria before.

Can someone suggest to them a new prerequisite for FIFA badge. Minimum one year membership in Refchat with minimum 50 monthly posts. 😊

This is the most telling point for me. AR has clearly seen it.

View attachment 6987

The referee's natural next phase position is away from play and easy (though not expected at this level) to look away from where the ball is. But the AR's next phase action is to continue looking at the direction of play.

The AR is standing her place like a deer in the headlights, waiting for referee to make a decision so she can follow the lead. This tells me she doesn't know what to do. She should have raised her flag and saved the referee here.

Anyway, this is not and won't be the first time the officials team at top flight have dropped a clanger. And I had asked the question of the promotion criteria before.

Can someone suggest to them a new prerequisite for FIFA badge. Minimum one year membership in Refchat with minimum 50 monthly posts. 😊
Not sure I agree with that, the AR is stood where I would expect her to stand. There's no evidence she was concerned about anything, all looks like a pretty normal goal to me.

This might be controversial, but in the race to achieve equality there are possibly some officials that have been promoted way faster than their ability supports. I do suspect this may be the case here, an experienced referee wouldn't miss this, but I would hazard a guess this referee is very inexperienced and has been promoted very quickly. And that isn't a gender specific thing, look what happened when Stuart Attwell was fast tracked to the Premier League, it didn't end well.

what are everyone thought on the question of the caution. assuming the referee received advice from 4O or AR and changed the decision of the goal. should the ref rescind the caution? my thinking on this is no but seen other elsewhere arguing the opposite. thoughts?

what are everyone thought on the question of the caution. assuming the referee received advice from 4O or AR and changed the decision of the goal. should the ref rescind the caution? my thinking on this is no but seen other elsewhere arguing the opposite. thoughts?
If its for dissent, no.

Seeing as the caution was for dissent then no, absolutely not. The player has still shown dissent that's is protest or disagreement with the match officials decision which is never mitigated by the accuracy of the decision.

There's probably only a few exceptions where the yellow card would be rescinded. If the offence happens, irrespective of what happens after it is punished.

This is shown in the VAR protocol. If play goes back to a decision, any sanctions occurring between that decision and play stopping still stand.

Seeing as the caution was for dissent then no, absolutely not. The player has still shown dissent that's is protest or disagreement with the match officials decision which is never mitigated by the accuracy of the decision.

There's probably only a few exceptions where the yellow card would be rescinded. If the offence happens, irrespective of what happens after it is punished.

This is shown in the VAR protocol. If play goes back to a decision, any sanctions occurring between that decision and play stopping still stand.
Is asking "Don't you know the law?" dissent?

Is asking "Don't you know the law?" dissent?
That depends on how it is said.

Sprinting from a number of yards and stopping right in front of the referees face is always a sure fire way to get yourself a caution for dissent.

Back