A&H

Fa embroiderd badge

oh liner

Oh liner
Anyone know anywhere what will enbroider (excuse spelling) the FA badge on a kit. Looking at a Nike kit off eBay and no badge on.

The Referee Store
Probs not due to premission and copyright agreements.

A&H embroider, but you have to buy the shirt, and seperate badges are not generally available.

Being in business myself, uying a shirt cheap online then trying to get someone to finish it for you is like buying your fish from Costco, potatoes from Lidel and takeing them to your local chippy to make dinner for you. They won't, cos you;ve ripped their profit margins to get a "cheaper" version.

Hence why A&H stopped selling the FA flock badge, when they lost the Nike sole supplier contract.

i am a bike mechanic - people buy bits from online retailers cheaper than I can get them from wholesale, and ask me to fit them - end result is that I have lost any profit on supplying parts so my labour rate goes up - then you find that the've bought the wrong part and as you to correct it at further cost = total more than asking me direct first time.

A&H shirt with FA badge is what, £50? shirt on ebay for £20 + noone will badge it = wasted £20, and probs still spend £50 to get the end result.

Let me know how this one pans out for you......

i am a bike mechanic - people buy bits from online retailers cheaper than I can get them from wholesale, and ask me to fit them - end result is that I have lost any profit on supplying parts so my labour rate goes up - then you find that the've bought the wrong part and as you to correct it at further cost = total more than asking me direct first time.

Ditto. I work in Aftersales in cars, love it when somebody comes in with a bulb they've bought from Halfords at twice the cost from us asking us to fit it. Then it's usually wrong.

Seen many occasions things like this have cost much much more than they would have done originally.

A&H embroider, but you have to buy the shirt, and seperate badges are not generally available.

Being in business myself, uying a shirt cheap online then trying to get someone to finish it for you is like buying your fish from Costco, potatoes from Lidel and takeing them to your local chippy to make dinner for you. They won't, cos you;ve ripped their profit margins to get a "cheaper" version.

Hence why A&H stopped selling the FA flock badge, when they lost the Nike sole supplier contract.

A&H shirt with FA badge is what, £50? shirt on ebay for £20 + noone will badge it = wasted £20, and probs still spend £50 to get the end result.

Some people can't afford the ridiculously overpriced services on offer sometimes though - remember that tiny fact next time you preach business woes to people. ;)
Personally speaking, if I'd got hold of a decent shirt for a cheap price then all I'd be looking to do is acquire the correct badge separately and sew the thing on myself!! (And yes, they can be found).
Either way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy finding a cheap alternative that saves him money and still gets the job done. Nothing at all. :cool:

Some people can't afford the ridiculously overpriced services on offer sometimes though - remember that tiny fact next time you preach business woes to people. ;)
Personally speaking, if I'd got hold of a decent shirt for a cheap price then all I'd be looking to do is acquire the correct badge separately and sew the thing on myself!! (And yes, they can be found).
Either way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy finding a cheap alternative that saves him money and still gets the job done. Nothing at all. :cool:

Nobody was preaching.

It was the insight that a thought what it appears can work out as a money saving prospect can actually work out more expensive.

And once you've spent the money on the cheaper option initially you're committed - either to finishing regardless as you've already spent money and need to make it work, even if at more cost than the new purchase or to shelve it and buy the new one anyway in which case it's also cost more than purchasing the new one.

The third option is he manages to get it to work and saves a few quid, but it could work out a fair bit of hassle.

Hopefully it will work out as the third, but it would be unfair to the op to have the value of somebody else's misfortune, not share and it costs unnessecary money.

Reactions: HRW
@Kes and sometimes trying to get on the cheap costs the same, double or triple when you can't fix the initial shortcoming you are trying to get around.

There are money saving levels between paying top price or bargin basement - looked at the Refs Assn shop? VERY reasonably priced, and a complete package.

Or maybe ask on here if there are shirts going spare. Quick ebay search shows FA badged Umbro and Nike shirts for £10.

The OP was asking someone to embroider a shirt - not asking for a badge. If saving money it would have been a taken that he would be sewing it on himself.

As I said - let me know how this one pans out; I have a shirt without an FA badge on it and can't find one for toffee, so have just my CFA badge on it at the mo.

NB please dont think that was in any way a preaching - you've obs not read my other posts - it was less than 216 words!

Reactions: Kes
My apologies to you both then gentlemen.
The way I read your posts, they came across to me as businessmen insisting that people should always pay the going rate in order to support their businesses.
No harm done. :)

My apologies to you both then gentlemen.
The way I read your posts, they came across to me as businessmen insisting that people should always pay the going rate in order to support their businesses.
No harm done. :)

Not at all, but I cannot explain the frustration in the car world when you diagnose a fault, give a price for putting it right and then the customer returns a short time after saying they'd been somewhere else, had a nightmare experience and want you to put it right, but as they've already spent a fortune elsewhere they expect you to do it for practically nothing. No mate.

Went to court once (as a witness I may add) in a case typical of the above. Defendants garage got shut down and he sent me death threats for a while, but that is a whole other story.

Not at all, but I cannot explain the frustration in the car world when you diagnose a fault, give a price for putting it right and then the customer returns a short time after saying they'd been somewhere else, had a nightmare experience and want you to put it right, but as they've already spent a fortune elsewhere they expect you to do it for practically nothing. No mate.

Agreed, opportunistic is one thing - stupidity another. Stupidity always cost more too. ;) :D

"Buying a shirt cheap online then trying to get someone to finish it for you is like buying your fish from Costco, potatoes from Lidel and takeing them to your local chippy to make dinner for you" That give me a giggle!!

Reactions: HRW
I asked the guy who was buying off eBay if he had any badged and he said he would do it (em broidered) for £3 extra. So got full kit with badge for £68. Saved a tenner

Living in Lostock Hall...... but lived in Kirkham previously where there is a sewing shop where she done my badge for £2.50

Back