A&H

FA Cup appointment

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Morning all!

I’ve been appointed (first as senior AR and now as referee due to a drop out) to a women’s first round qualifying FA Cup game next month.

I’m going to dunk my head in the competition rules so I’m across any differences from the county level leagues I’m used to but would appreciate anyone with experience of these games flagging anything that won’t occur to someone who has only ever done games at the bottom of the pyramid!

The Referee Store
You'd think the FA could send out Competition Rules without splodging blue paint all over the place
Yeh I guess they could. I just wanted to remove the appointers email address from this public forum... They are probably elsewhere but I'm not sure so didn't want to run the risk.

As someone who has managed in that competition, my main tip would be do not referee a game in the morning (assuming you have a 2pm KO), and do all you can to make sure your assistants don't. All officials are supposed to be there 90 minutes before, but almost every game I would be on my phone 15 minutes before kick off trying to track down one, two, or even all three of the officials.

As someone who has managed in that competition, my main tip would be do not referee a game in the morning (assuming you have a 2pm KO), and do all you can to make sure your assistants don't. All officials are supposed to be there 90 minutes before, but almost every game I would be on my phone 15 minutes before kick off trying to track down one, two, or even all three of the officials.
Very good to know thank you. It’s very close to where I live thankfully so that won’t be an issue. Definitely won’t be taking a game in the morning, I’ll want to be fresh!

Very good to know thank you. It’s very close to where I live thankfully so that won’t be an issue. Definitely won’t be taking a game in the morning, I’ll want to be fresh!
Set out your stall to your assistants that you want them there 90 minutes, or at least 60 minutes before. If they say they can't because they have a game you know you have an issue that needs sorting.

Back