A&H

Extended Christmas break

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
So I now have to wait another week to start refereeing again due to the weather. Not surprised considering I was appointed a game on a pitch well known for being underwater as soon as it rains.

Anyone else lost games this weekend?

The Referee Store
i lost one tomorrow, but only because the league rearranged some of their fixtures and omitted to tell the sussex f.a.

Yep, lost one today and one tomorrow, as well as the game I was meant to be playing tomorrow afternoon. I'll be surprised if any games are played in our league this weekend.

Yes I've lost a match but it was to be expected as this pitch is bad in both states when dry it hard when winter u can sink in it

Just checked on our league website. Of 130 games due to be played this morning only 4 went ahead!

Yep, I lost 2 this weekend:/ Gutted because I couldn't wait to get back to refereeing:(

Only 3 games were played over here this morning, one under 14's game and 2 youth game's, I called mine off on Friday morning

Don't know of any that went ahead down here this weekend.

Yeah you could say that. It's absolutely miserable down here.

ar drone - is that one of those little helicopter thingies

or is it something that flies above assistant referees to allow you to observe their performance :)

Disappointing yesterday to see the mighty brewers game against bournemouth postponed, decent championship ground as well, must have had some heavy stuff

never mind, Jack. Gives you a few more days to dream about the what if that is liverpool at home :)

I think if our midfield perform as well as they can and the gaffer picks the right starters then we've got a chance

Swansea did ok, most games were off (My junior game was) but i think 50-55% went ahead as planned in the senior league and 2 junior games survived - just.
I lost my Welsh League game, the pitch at the ground is very good at flooding. I was appointed to a game today at 12:00 in the Welsh Youth with a 2:00KO, played on 3G which is new and I found out that it's like an ice-rink - yes I might possibly have slipped in quite spectacular style ;)

what footwear did you use for 3g, aled

i refereed my first game on it last month. turned up expecting grass to discover that it was 3g. sign pitchside said no studs and i didn't have my astros with me. mentioned it to home team manager who said moulded studs were fine

Just got an email from my referee secretary that due to the bad weather and the waterlogged pitches I will not get any fixtures this month. I was available on Sunday but for the following two weeks I am busy with a christening and being in the USA for wedding so not all bad.

Lets hope February things are back to normal and I can drive to games instead of paddling to it!

Hardly any games called off up in hull, i had two cup semi finals, both pitches were fine.

Bit of advice guys for 3G, don't use metal studs and I would avoid moulded ones too if possible, they put the signs up to stop people ruining the surface but I have found that wearing studs causes quite a lot of ankle problems, I personally hate the stuff but trainers seem to work ok for me on it.

I used to play for a team with a 3G home pitch and there were more players out with twisted/sprained ankles than any other injury that season. Luckily I was the keeper so I didn't have many problems with it apart from when I had to turn around and pick the ball out of the net. :D

Back