A&H

Ever had a bizarre game like this?

KAM

Level 4 Referee
Yesterday I did a game and it's one of the worst one-sided games ever. To start with the away team traveled since 8:30am to 1pm to get to the ground and they turned round and complained that the pitch is unsuitable, the pitch had a layer of light snow and being a 3G pitch the home side was able to get 95% of the pitch ready and brushed and within 10/15 minutesof kick off the remaining snow had melted and the pitch was back to its usaul state. The end result was 3-0 to the home side who tried not to humiliate their opponents with a higher score.

My first thought when I turned up to see the pitch was right how deep is this snow and if we brush this snow off can we get this game going? Then having words with a home team representive and their assistant manager and they said the same as me a good brush and this game will be played.

The away side were still unhappy so decied that they would play under protest so I said okay no worries, this led me to belive that they were not going to play fairly and put a lack of effort in. Which during the match you could see and all they wanted to do was complain and contest every desicion, I told them to calm down but maybe a couple more yellows would of shut them up.

Only the 2 Yellows and 2 Reds in a Semi Final game, I had 3 booking for the away team 2 yellows for C2 and 1 red for S2 (Had a player by the throat) and 1 red for the home team for S2 (A 'stamp' which I have now been told was a wrong call as I didn't see the opponent grab his ankle - I was told this by a few supporters and a ref mate who was watching).

I've been threatend by the away team that they are going to lodge a appeal agaisnt me, I'd love to see what they're going to put. This is coming from a team who haven't lost all season.

Now earlier today I recived a message saying that the away team had 'apparently' played who wasn't named on the team sheet - In university football the team sheet is usaully suppilied after the game for the ref to sign, I had the home teams but the away team didn't want to know anything about me.
So all this appeals could come back and bite them in the arse.

The Referee Store
Sounds like a bit of a "mare" all round mate.
Oddly enough, I had the worst ever match in 4 years leap on me only last weekend.
There must be something in the air..... :(

Sounds like a bit of a "mare" all round mate.
Oddly enough, I had the worst ever match in 4 years leap on me only last weekend.
There must be something in the air..... :(
Yeah just about, one of the toughest games I've had in a while. Looking back at it I don't think I had the best of games but ovbiously I move on to the next.

BUCS game?

Most university games end up being problematic.
Usually I don't really have any problems. This season I've had three games out of probably 25 where I have had problems with opposing teams.

Mod edit - please use multi-quote and avoid double posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kes
We all have bad games sometimes, try to forget about it and move on.

Ignore the threat to report you too, I would almost guarantee it won't happen. Very rarely does.

Can you explain the stamping story please?
Yes sure sorry for a little delayed reply been busy recently, what I saw was a tackle quite a fair tackle in my view then words must of been said and then as the ball came out all I see is a 'stamp' (my perpestive thought) by the home player, so I blow up and a small mele and produce two reds one for both teams the away player had one player by the throat.

This game was replayed yesterday at the away teams place and it all kicked off again, there's accusations of bribary and biasedness against the now home team (Away team last week). So now with the Final tomorrow my uni are waiting to hear back as they have lodged appeals as I've said about the attempted bribe that the away team last week tried on me by not putting the cards in, and a tweet that I recived from one of their players saying in a right t**tish move "Thanks for the replay (smirking face emoji)".
They won't get away with this, as for their appeal agaisnt me I haven't heard from my RDO knew they wouldn't try that.

For what reason was the game replayed?

If the away side played an ineligible player they should forfeit the match and points?

This game was replayed yesterday at the away teams place and it all kicked off again, there's accusations of bribary and biasedness against the now home team (Away team last week). So now with the Final tomorrow my uni are waiting to hear back as they have lodged appeals as I've said about the attempted bribe that the away team last week tried on me by not putting the cards in, and a tweet that I recived from one of their players saying in a right t**tish move "Thanks for the replay (smirking face emoji)".
They won't get away with this, as for their appeal agaisnt me I haven't heard from my RDO knew they wouldn't try that.

You should send the tweet to the CFA (or whoever the governing body is) and this is misconduct.
Social Media is not without risks, when the player gets the CFA charge he will realise.:p
Also - if you have more than your word, the request not to send in the cards shoudl also be sent in. I don't think that it will produce a charge but could be "held in reserve" in case there are other issues on their file.

they have lodged appeals as I've said about the attempted bribe that the away team last week tried on me by not putting the cards in
Attempted bribe? Not putting cards in? I'm not following. I can't see any previous mention of either of these two things.

Can you clarify, please?

Seems like you've only given us half the story here KAM....what bribe?
I'm also with padfoot, fielding an ineligible player would normally be a forfeit, not a replay, otherwise that team still benefitted from fielding the player.

Back