A&H

Europa League final

The Referee Store
Sort of game if it is over the park you would threaten to call it off! UEFA really need to have a look at this game, players and coaches completely out of control. The Premier League has been bad this season but this isn't football
Down the park a punch would’ve been thrown far before now

Not sure on the last caution. Careless but not reckless for me. But he’s had an outstanding game in fairness

Reports are Mouhrino has been booked, as well as 2 more for players late in to ET 2nd Half Additional Time.

Taylor has had a hard game thrown at him. 10 cautions amongst players let alone coaching staff.

Think Taylor and Oliver have done really well, as comms have pointed out in fairness

What’s the point in having a Technical Area if the 4th Official totally ignores both it and Mourinho constantly stood outside it coaching and walking onto the pitch at points.

He was nearly down level with the edge of the penalty area just now.

Do that on your next assessment game as an AR or 4th Man and tell me how you got marked on Bench Control…
To be honest, Taylor has had every problem thrown at him today by these benches. Going round cautioning every single occupant just side those dashed lines will do nothing.

My next assessed game is not going to be the Europa Leavhe final, so the situation is going to be very different.

Taylor was superb there in what has to go down as one of the hardest ever finals to referee.

The players and managers / coaches were an absolute disgrace. There were 11 cautions for players, and I think at least 5 for managers / coaches / substitutes.
Certainly. Across a plethora of finals i’ve seen at a range of levels, I haven’t seen one as testing as this, but also as disgraceful as this in terms of conduct.

Wonder what pitiful action UEFA will take

VAR scratching off the save, wow.
Rightly so.

Shame we had to wait for VAR for officials to actually take a simple law of the game seriously and apply it. Fortunately the days of the likes of Dudek in the Champions League Final & the South Korean against Spain in '02 WC are over!

Taylor was superb there in what has to go down as one of the hardest ever finals to referee.

The players and managers / coaches were an absolute disgrace. There were 11 cautions for players, and I think at least 5 for managers / coaches / substitutes.
Read comments on Twitter that Taylor lost control. The only people who lost control were the managers, (Mourinho especially), coaches and players. Refs cannot control behaviour, people control their own behaviour. The footage of Mourinho shouting abuse as the officials boarded the bus is an absolute disgrace and should hopefully lead to him getting a lengthy ban.

Back