A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 23 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023

Week 23 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023. Video for question 1 The next quiz will be published next Tuesday. You can always practise previous quizzes on this overview page. And after submitting your answers, you can see the correct answers immediately. Video starts at 3:44. Quiz Laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
I assume question 5 is meant to read at the taking of a penalty kick as opposed to KFTPM. Clearly you can't have an idfk restart at a (23/24 speak) penalty shootout.

Q5 has now been changed so this post probably doesn't make any sense now.

Last edited:
4/5! Got 3 wrong though.

My thinking was the result of a non-contact play is always an IFK. Yes, spitting is technically a contact play but not in the traditional sense.

@JamesL Is it the actual spitting act or the sending off that makes it a DFK? Or both?

4/5! Got 3 wrong though.

My thinking was the result of a non-contact play is always an IFK. Yes, spitting is technically a contact play but not in the traditional sense.

@JamesL Is it the actual spitting act or the sending off that makes it a DFK? Or both?
Spitting is a physical offence..physical offences between participants are generally direct free kick offences (there may be one or two outliers)

It's in the list of direct free kick offences:
"bites or spits at someone on the team lists or a match official"

You're right! Marking this to review again this week. I have these in my LOTG flashcards but don't know it well enough obviously. Thanks, James.

Back