A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 19 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023

• Thread starter Jan ter Harmsel
  • Start date
Week 19 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023. Video for question 1 The next quiz will be published next Tuesday. You can always practise previous quizzes on this overview page. And after submitting your answers, you can see the correct answers immediately. Situation starts after 1:25 minutes. Quiz Laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
I think I'd argue that Q3 may have 2 correct answers depending on how you picture the situation...

I think I'd argue that Q3 may have 2 correct answers depending on how you picture the situation...
You'll have to explain that. I don't think so.

Deliberate handling is defined as a play by the defender, which means the OS restriction is lifted. I don't see a second possibility as the Q is written.

My bad - see what I was thinking below.

Law states “…unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.”

But I failed to recall the next bit correctly - “A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

As you were. Good quiz as always.

You'll have to explain that. I don't think so.

Deliberate handling is defined as a play by the defender, which means the OS restriction is lifted. I don't see a second possibility as the Q is written.
This caught me out. Silly me

The goalposts and crossbar of both goals must be the same shape, which must be square, rectangular, round, elliptical or a hybrid of these options.

Doesn't 'a hybrid of these options' mean that the crossbar could be a different shape than the goalposts?
I thought that the point of this in law was that both goals on the field need to be identical to each other in the shape / shapes they use.

Read up on law 11 and more specifically around deliberate play. 👍 And then piece that together with law 12 - advantage on DOGSO

Back