A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 12 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023

Week 12 Laws of the Game Quiz 2022-2023. Video for question 1 The next quiz will be published next Tuesday. You can always practise previous quizzes on this overview page. And after submitting your answers, you can see the correct answers immediately. Start after 1 minuted 39 seconds. Quiz Laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
I agree with Chas that one of the questions is a bit ambiguous. I only got it right because of the next question.

There are probably 2 questions with not enough information to give a definite answer IMO - details below

Q3 - Q2 doesn't give info as to whether it was 1st or further event
Q5 - It it first offence in KFTPM?

I thought these were straightforward unless we want to unpick whether 'at the end of' means 'after completion' or 'during the last part of' ?

Last edited:
There are probably 2 questions with not enough information to give a definite answer IMO - details below

Q3 - Q2 literally says it is the first kick from the penalty mark, I think that's enough to make the assumption that the question is not about a 2nd offence and a 2nd retake. If it was then that info would have been supplied.

Q5 - warning for first feint offence does not apply to attacker.... The question is geared at cautions not carrying over from normal game time.

They were tenuous, and I'm being nitpicky.
Misread the first one (didn't see the word 'first', might need to go to Specsavers) but still got the answer right based on my assumption.
Aware of the 2nd one being about not carrying over, but an assumption made that it was first offence in KFTPM (and yellow) rather than 2nd in KFTPM (and 2nd yellow)

I'll show myself out.

I dont want the answer haha. Just the question number 😁
I held the answer over to give others a chance to complete the quiz without any distractions, and it's been fascinating to see what has developed since!
My doubt related to Q1, the penalty situation - I initially thought a caution was appropriate, but on second watch the goalkeeper brought the attacker down after the ball had gone, so I therefore think a red card would have been right.
As a side comment, we have been discussing the punishment for youth players - as there is room for doubt here, I would happily support a caution at that level, but with professional players I would be veering towards a red.
Questions 2 to 5 I had no issues with, but seems others did🤔😁

I held the answer over to give others a chance to complete the quiz without any distractions, and it's been fascinating to see what has developed since!
My doubt related to Q1, the penalty situation - I initially thought a caution was appropriate, but on second watch the goalkeeper brought the attacker down after the ball had gone, so I therefore think a red card would have been right.
As a side comment, we have been discussing the punishment for youth players - as there is room for doubt here, I would happily support a caution at that level, but with professional players I would be veering towards a red.
Questions 2 to 5 I had no issues with, but seems others did🤔😁
Ahhh well then that's disagreeable. It's a challenge for the ball imo, might not be a great one, but still fits the criteria for challenging, it's a late tackle, so naturally the ball will be gone and is on most late tackles.

Ahhh well then that's disagreeable. It's a challenge for the ball imo, might not be a great one, but still fits the criteria for challenging, it's a late tackle, so naturally the ball will be gone and is on most late tackles.
Agree with this. For me it fits within 'an attempt to play the ball'. As JamesL says, not a good attempt, but an attempt nonetheless.

I also think YC fits expectation - to go RC for this, I'm wanting clear reason to believe (and sell) no attempt - in the grey area am always going yellow.

Agree with this. For me it fits within 'an attempt to play the ball'. As JamesL says, not a good attempt, but an attempt nonetheless.

I also think YC fits expectation - to go RC for this, I'm wanting clear reason to believe (and sell) no attempt - in the grey area am always going yellow.
I can happily see both sides of this - but as the ball had gone when the arm was extended I would support a red card at international level (although the wish to keep 11 v 11 would allow the referee to caution)
Thanks to you and James for your views.

Back