A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Referees in the media (week 46)

Referees in the media will be published at the beginning of the week on the Dutch Referee Blog and provides remarkable or interesting quotes and links to articles worth reading.
“Behind our mistakes, there is nothing: it is a mistake and then we turn the page. The referee and our association are like a kite: the more headwind there is, the better and higher we fly.”​
Marcello Nicchi after the moment he was chosen as the president of the Italian referees.

Australian A-League referee Shaun Evans. Photo: Refsworld / Anita Milas

This would have been the hardest decision of my life so far! The thought of giving up 4 years as an assistant referee on the A-league panel to pursue a potential career as a referee on the A-league was a massive decision for me to make. The many hours speculating what the future might hold for me.​
Shaun Evans, a 24-year-old referee from Australia, has chosen to go on as a center referee. The interviewer from Refsworld was wondering it it was a difficult decision tomake “considering there are more chances to achieve a FIFA badge as a linesman”. Read the full interview with Shaun Evans on Refsworld.
“Refereeing is not an easy job. If the match is being whistled by a Belgian referee or a foreigner doesn’t matter.”​
Niels De Schutter, player of Belgian team KV Oostende, emphasizes that it’s not a problem that referees from Luxembourg or The Netherlands officiate in the Belgian leagues. In De Sutter’s opinion the foreign referee of his match against Boussu Dour made some mistakes, but “that happens to Belgians too”.
Thank you to every volunteer involved in refereeing who gives up their time and makes a difference.
— FARefereesDept (@FARefereesDept) November 8, 2012
“I want him especially not to rage at the referee. I don’t want him to do that. Easy. Period.”​
The mother of ADO The Hague player Vicento is stern for his son. He has to pay 50 euro’s to five family members each if he gets a yellow card.
The post Referees in the media (week 46) appeared first on Dutch Referee Blog.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back