A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Playing in dangerous manner: a low header

Great case study again in the game between Manchester United and Arsenal. The question for you: Is Phil Jones making an offence in the photo below where he touches the ball with his head? How did you answer that question? My answer was “yes”. I immediately stopped my tv and replayed it. Did not see […]

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
It's incredibly brave/stupid. It's not an obvious call, but I agree it is IDFK playing in a dangerous manner meaning red DOGSO by the letter of the LOTG.

Nobody would understand that as a call though. Damn ref would be spoiling the beautiful game again!

Can you send off for a technical offence that denies a goal scoring opportunity?

For instance if a player did an overhead kick off the goal line as an attacker attempts to head the ball in you could argue that it was dangerous play and dogso? If you send off there though you may have to do a runner after the game!

Can you send off for a technical offence that denies a goal scoring opportunity?

For instance if a player did an overhead kick off the goal line as an attacker attempts to head the ball in you could argue that it was dangerous play and dogso? If you send off there though you may have to do a runner after the game!
I see no reason why not, DOGSO is DOGSO, be it technical or a penal foul

I've penalised for a low head once, it was met with some confusion but after a bit of an explanation it was all understood.

Back