A&H

Deliberate Touch ..?

The Referee Store
Had a quick look at the link from Offside Explained above - VERY useful and well presented !

Interesting ideas.

Would be interested to know whether the table is actually an official document from FIFA, UEFA or the FA? Or whether it is just one persons interpretation of the law?

Unless the defender is trying to play the ball to his keeper, and underhits it or simply doesn't see the attacker, then it will be offside as normal for all shinned clearances and glancing headers........

i'm lost!!!

i'd have stuck the flag up as everyone was expecting it, and then take the hit from the assessor if i were being assessed!!!

try explaining it to the teams if you've just given it, good luck :)

They struggle to understand the basics of offside with the constant shouts of
"he's off lino"
"no skip he's not recieving the ball"
"yeah but he's fu**ing off lino"
"no mate, he's not recieving the ball"
"for f*** sake lino"

And so on and so on and so on!

Why would you say he's not receiving the ball? Why not say "It was last played by your player"

Reactions: SM
To me it's a goal, had one on an early game I was on the line and assessor didn't raise it as a point. If a defender tries to play the ball but messes it up he has still deliberately played the ball, just not where he intended it to go.

We have been instructed to judge whether the ball went where the defender intended it to go. Under our instructions, he would be offside - No Goal - as it was a deflection and not intentionally played there by the defender.

If the defender had more control, ie: ball was on ground, he could set himself to play it but mis-kicks it - then you could argue that it's the defenders ability that let him down, he intentionally played it, and play goes on.

You gotta love different interpretations to laws of the game. :)

Is it any wonder players don't have the first clue?

Back