A&H

Open Age Cup matches

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I've had my October senior fixtures and I've been appointed to a senior cup match between two Premier Division clubs, any advice on cup matches apart from the norm??

The Referee Store
Make sure that you know the competition rules (extra time, penalties etc) and confirm with both teams BEFORE kick off! Other than that, treat it like any other game and enjoy :)

I was going to say as Mathew has, penalty and extra time procedures. Make sure you are familiar with them. May well be an assessed game also given the fixture so pay attention to all the little things which cost points (boot and equipment check, net checks, pitch checks etc).

Enjoy it, while it will be likely fiercely contested, the fact they can and will pass will make it a better game for you in many ways.

Ok thanks, I've read over penalties and extra time rulings. I don't really want extra time if I can help it, or any pens for that matter!

Just treat it like any other game Aled!! Cant beat a good cup game though, i have had County Cup matches for the last two weekend's both games went to extra time and penalties!

Back