A&H

Cup Final on the line

Josh the referee

Level 7 Referee
I've got a cup final on the line this weekend and wanted to just go over one or two things - however stupid they may seem, I need them clarified.

Firstly, with foul throws, is that something you leave up to the ref or if it's down to you what's the signal for it?

And secondly, know this has been discussed on here before, but what's the expected signal for when a goal has been scored but the ball comes back into play?

The Referee Store
As for who watches TIs, that’s something to talk to the R about in pregame. There are different preferences . We always signal the restart. So the flag would go up to indicate play needs to stop, followed by pointing in the direction the throw will now be taken.

For a goal, the normal signal is simply to start moving up the touchline. If it’s not clear to everyone that the ball went in, the first signal is flag up to indicate the R needs to stop play. Once the R makes eye contact, drop the flag and run up the touchline.not bad to clarify exactly how your R wants this handled, too.

I've got a cup final on the line this weekend and wanted to just go over one or two things - however stupid they may seem, I need them clarified.

Firstly, with foul throws, is that something you leave up to the ref or if it's down to you what's the signal for it?

And secondly, know this has been discussed on here before, but what's the expected signal for when a goal has been scored but the ball comes back into play?
Congratulations on your appointment.
Both subjects will hopefully be covered by the referee in the pre-match briefing - if not, ask the referee for guidance.
With the goal signal, the good book guidance is to signal towards the halfway line and run, but most referees will ask you to pause at the corner until players see you were on the goal line to signal the goal.
Enjoy the game.

Congratulations on your appointment.
Both subjects will hopefully be covered by the referee in the pre-match briefing - if not, ask the referee for guidance.
With the goal signal, the good book guidance is to signal towards the halfway line and run, but most referees will ask you to pause at the corner until players see you were on the goal line to signal the goal.
Enjoy the game.
The last bit, definitely!

It's difficult to sell the decision when the AR is back with the 18 yard line 😂😂

Back