A&H

Contested drop ball?

es1

RefChat Addict
I thought there were no circumstances where this was a permitted restart anymore?

Just had one at villa Park

The Referee Store
As I thought. Tbh it was the perfect restart given the circumstances but I didn't think it was allowed

I thought there were no circumstances where this was a permitted restart anymore?

Just had one at villa Park
I'm guessing, having just seen it (12:50 on clock whoever wants to view on amazon prime later) he has no idea who touched it last and that is, what the law says, who the ball should be dropped for.
He will definitely be able to explain himself out of it but doesn't make it right.
I'd have gone defensive in this very situation. Last "known" touch was clearly a defensive (A Villa) player touch. Play it safe.

Ball was trapped under the defender, play had to be stopped. Seemed clear to me the defender touched it last but drop ball to them would be quite unfair considering the pressure on the ball from city

I'm guessing, having just seen it (12:50 on clock whoever wants to view on amazon prime later) he has no idea who touched it last and that is, what the law says, who the ball should be dropped for.
He will definitely be able to explain himself out of it but doesn't make it right.
I'd have gone defensive in this very situation. Last "known" touch was clearly a defensive (A Villa) player touch. Play it safe.
He isn't talking out of anything.. Its just not a proper restart irrespective.
Where are the other officials here. A quick err. What are you doing down the comms would be a great help

Ball was trapped under the defender, play had to be stopped. Seemed clear to me the defender touched it last but drop ball to them would be quite unfair considering the pressure on the ball from city
Stopped for what?

The Villa defender sat on the ball deliberately. I think Dean knew that he'd have to give a drop ball just outside the box to City and that would be messy and potentially lead to a controversial goal so he went contested. Doesn't make it right of course but he is a demi god so all is forgiven ❤❤❤❤

Old school obstruction, defensive free kick, piadm, various options! Ball trapped under player on the deck. Everyone wants to kick it from both teams, player can't move.
But that's not a dropped ball restart.
Either the villa player piadm or someone is guilty of a foul.
Funny how the world works we were just discussing "obstruction" just the other day...

But that's not a dropped ball restart.
Either the villa player piadm or someone is guilty of a foul.
Funny how the world works we were just discussing "obstruction" just the other day...

Cash literally sat on the ball to kill the game. Don't ever see a PL ref penalising that so close to the 18 yard box tbh. There'd be mayhem if a goal came from it because nobody outside of refs knows the law

This is either of 2 cases:

1. Ref totally forgetting about a new law (it won't be the first time this has happened in EPL).
2. Ref knowing it is against the law but still doing it because they think it's best (it won't be the first time this has happened in EPL).

I suspect it case 1 here.

This is either of 2 cases:

1. Ref totally forgetting about a new law (it won't be the first time this has happened in EPL).
2. Ref knowing it is against the law but still doing it because they think it's best (it won't be the first time this has happened in EPL).

I suspect it case 1 here.

I'd suggest 2 tbh

The Villa defender sat on the ball deliberately. I think Dean knew that he'd have to give a drop ball just outside the box to City and that would be messy and potentially lead to a controversial goal so he went contested. Doesn't make it right of course but he is a demi god so all is forgiven ❤❤❤❤
And the contested dropped ball might not have led to a goal?

Cash literally sat on the ball to kill the game. Don't ever see a PL ref penalising that so close to the 18 yard box tbh. There'd be mayhem if a goal came from it because nobody outside of refs knows the law
Still not a dropped ball restart.

not seen it, I guess tho when you are that referee, you do your own thing.

Very disturbing to think its done in front of millions tho, and not us getting ourselves out of a hole by inventing something on council park 16 at the weekend.

Back