A&H

Coin toss woe

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
So, potentially spicy one earlier.
The away had 3 sent off in the last match and are notorious. Both teams very quick.
Two good ARs. Good briefing were I shocked them a bit by discussing what to do if mass confrontation occurs. And also to not put themselves in between fighting players etc. if it happens.

Which it didn't! Rejoice. Only two yellows. 2 easy pens. 4-5 final score. Couple of great goals. As a team we had a blinder. Couple of calls where we corrected each other. I did a lot of calming and relaxing players. Had to warn a couple close to simulation, warned one for a speccy sign, one for a sarcastic clap at the oppos. Ran 8 km. Channeled my inner Clatts into the appropriate corners.

Only blight - I did the worst effing coin toss - the little flipper didn't flip! Got a couple of laughs though ;)

The Referee Store
Speccy sign = dissent = caution
On one hand I agree. On the other hand... the ARs and I were tight. We were working together so I was not abandoning the AR by not cautioning. Match control priority at the time. Quick smile, quick action, obvious warning, sheepish apology from the player. Also his action wasn't noticed by others. Not making excuses.

And looking at this game this was one of four moments that were easy yellows to give against the "difficult" side but would have had a big affect on match control. Really trying to work out if I managed them too much.
This speccy sign, the sarcastic clap, one mimic of a dive where an old bald defender threw himself to the floor in a poor copy of a slight exaggeration, and one sideline foul that wasn't a promising position in my opinion but was borderline.
Now that I write that list, the speccy sign would have been the one to give. Easy in hindsight!

Sometimes cards have to be given that you know are going to cause you match control issues, this is one of them. It's such a public 2 fingers to your authority it literally has to sanctioned every time.
Anyway, well done on what sounds like a game that had the potential for big trouble.

On one hand I agree. On the other hand... the ARs and I were tight. We were working together so I was not abandoning the AR by not cautioning. Match control priority at the time. Quick smile, quick action, obvious warning, sheepish apology from the player. Also his action wasn't noticed by others. Not making excuses.

And looking at this game this was one of four moments that were easy yellows to give against the "difficult" side but would have had a big affect on match control. Really trying to work out if I managed them too much.
This speccy sign, the sarcastic clap, one mimic of a dive where an old bald defender threw himself to the floor in a poor copy of a slight exaggeration, and one sideline foul that wasn't a promising position in my opinion but was borderline.
Now that I write that list, the speccy sign would have been the one to give. Easy in hindsight!
Might have stopped the sarcastic clap which also = dissent = caution.

As for hindsight, here's a thought... why not have your hindsight in advance. Think about your boundaries before the game, think about incidents which are non-negotiable and when one happens, do what you thought of in hindsight in advance.

Might have stopped the sarcastic clap which also = dissent = caution.

As for hindsight, here's a thought... why not have your hindsight in advance. Think about your boundaries before the game, think about incidents which are non-negotiable and when one happens, do what you thought of in hindsight in advance.
Hand clap to another player not to officials, in case that wasn't clear.
I went through a lot of scenarios before this particular game. Lesser dissent wasn't on the radar as much as managing confrontation and escalation. But yes, it all goes into the borg.

Back