A&H

Club ARs

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
Hi all

I know there are various topics on this and I have read them all but I just wanted to discuss something that happened to me in an under 18s game today..

Club AR (parent) flagged a few times for offside in the first half .. to me they looked credible and he also kept his flag down for a few close ones as well so I was happy with how he was going.. I had a few mumbles from coach and players but I dealt with that swiftly.

Second half.. flag goes up for offside again, as the free kick is about to be taken, club AR put his flag in the air and calls me over, says that the coach has called him a cheat in the first half and keep having a go at him and he is not going to take it anymore, could I have a word.

I explain that I did hear the word cheat being used but at this point the coach was saying ‘you should have kept your flag down as he didn’t interfere with play’ .. I publicly warned the coach that he is not to speak to him anymore at all and if he did I would he taking action, cut it out.

I then caught the AR later on and said that if he was not happy he should respectfully put the flag down and I will deal with it.

The rest of the game went well but the team in question won 4-1 so I feel of it had been closer that may have been an issue.

Is there anything else I could have done above?

Are there any tips with dealing with Club ARs as it is a sticking point for me at the moment when it doesn’t go well.

Thanks

The Referee Store
Back