A&H

Open Age Buzzing isn't the word....

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
So not long got home from refereeing my first game in 4 years. Man alive have I missed it!

Today saw me in action on a Duchy league division 5 match, which ended up 2-2 with 1 yellow for a late tackle.

Now my fitness needs improvement, I'm fully aware of that, but what surprised me was that it all just felt so natural, like I'd never been away. Even though my fitness needs improvement, I found myself up with play, much to the surprise of the players who weren't expecting to see me where I was, especially in the 26th minute where I waved away a penalty from my position 6 yards away. Players appealed, then I heard the skipper say "he's spot on, just look where he is, he's on top of it" which was nice!

Blew the final whistle hand shakes from everybody and it never gets boring hearing "best ref we've had!"

So all in all I've had a great day, buzzing for my next game in November as I haven't got one next week :(

The Referee Store
So not long got home from refereeing my first game in 4 years. Man alive have I missed it!

Today saw me in action on a Duchy league division 5 match, which ended up 2-2 with 1 yellow for a late tackle.

Now my fitness needs improvement, I'm fully aware of that, but what surprised me was that it all just felt so natural, like I'd never been away. Even though my fitness needs improvement, I found myself up with play, much to the surprise of the players who weren't expecting to see me where I was, especially in the 26th minute where I waved away a penalty from my position 6 yards away. Players appealed, then I heard the skipper say "he's spot on, just look where he is, he's on top of it" which was nice!

Blew the final whistle hand shakes from everybody and it never gets boring hearing "best ref we've had!"

So all in all I've had a great day, buzzing for my next game in November as I haven't got one next week :(

Nice one mate!

Take it steady to stay injury free!

Submitted my caution on the whole game system last night, first time I've used it and couldn't have been any more straight forward.

Rolling subs was an interesting one though, away team kept getting annoyed as despite being told at the halfway line, they kept trying it everywhere but the halfway line.

wey hey! go on Ross! sounds like it was a smasher of a game to start at!

I too had a nice one for my first game back in black few weeks back now! got told I was 'the best ref we have had in the past 5 years at least'

woop woop!

Back