A&H

Buzzer Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Guys I am a level 7 Referee and I occasionally do games with 2 Neutral Assistant Referee's and I am looking to get something like Buzzers for games so I don't miss them at any time as I have done before in a Cup Quarter Final and it wasn't the best thing as the league Chairman was watching at the time with the general secutary and the league Respect Officer Watching.

which ones are best and why? also how much would they cost?

The Referee Store
To be honest, as a level 7 I wouldn't bother with buzzers.

Ervocom are supposed to be the best, well for the price, they had bloody better be

Refscall, never used them but do the job well enough and can be had for less than £100 if you search around

Level 7?

Have a look around at the prices, and consider weather or not you realy need them.

As Ross say's, as a level 7, I wouldn't bother.

As a L7, I would not even bother shelling out £100 on RefsCall's, (let alone the £500 on a set of Ervocoms!) they aren't the best and frankly outside of your charity games you won't use them. Now being a 5, even I don't have buzzers and wouldn't consider them until I am atleast L4, maybe higher.

Also, as a 7, having buzzers would make you lazy. Certainly always feeling for a buzz and not having to look will make you a bad referee and not neccessarily a better referee. Infact, a better referee would survive without buzzers and just use normal flags because it means they have to look over at their assistant, something which you alluded to in the OP. If you miss a flag, you shouldn't think about resorting to buzzers to solve the problem, you should lift your head when running with assistants and actually actively look for a flag, not meaning to sound harsh but that is the only way you can improve and buzzers certainly won't help you to do that.

Im going to just echo what everyone else is saying. I too am a level 7 and would not use or buy buzzers. If you want to get some decent flags get some nice touchline flags .

I did a line with a referee who uses buzzers at the weekend. They definitely have their value, but even he admitted that for new referees they were not the best idea as they make you become a bit lazy in terms of looking for your assistant as you just wait to buzz instead. However, on the plus side they were very good for making sure you weren't missed for long periods.

Brave! Lost count of the amount of flags I've had broken by club assistants!

Lol im reluctant to give them touchline flags let alone buzzers.

Haha, I'm only messing pal.

But seriously, you are very brave giving them to CAR's! What buzzers are they?

I was dwon in Newquay last week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back