A&H

Bournemouth V Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Think Mike Dean is spot on as well with the yellow for Ake instead of a red. Twitter going mad but no obvious goal scoring opportunity with the keeper rushing out and the ball escaping for me.

Think Mike Dean is spot on as well with the yellow for Ake instead of a red. Twitter going mad but no obvious goal scoring opportunity with the keeper rushing out and the ball escaping for me.

What, look again Alexa!!! Keeper was miles away, the over kick was because of the foul!!!

Looked a nailed on DOGSO to me. No shortage of other incident either. Sterling scored injury time winner, got a 2nd yellow for his celebration. Thought Cook was lucky with his challenge by the corner flag, won the ball cleanly, but wiped out his opponent's standing foot with the hefty follow through.

I think it was one of those that could support either decision. It was going slightly wide and I'd say there was a reasonable chance that the keeper would have got there first.

Certainly an eventful game, 11 yellows and a red. Sterling can't really have complaints, he's caused all kinds of problems going into the crowd like that and it had to be a second yellow.

And all four in the studio have roundly criticised Mike Dean for sending off Sterling, with Redknapp asking what's the worst that would have happened had he turned a blind eye to it. Err, given that it led to a crush involving stewards and police officers he'd be lucky to referee another PL game had he ignored it.

In fairness, don't believe presenter Simon Thomas critisised Mike Dean. He asked the question which is his job and pointed out potential crowd safety issues, which Redknapp wasn't prepared to listen to.

Players have brains of a rocking horse. They know they are going to get carded for taking off a shirt or jumping into the crowd. Sterling's first yellow was only a few minute's before. Should have known better!

Prefect decision by MD to YC for Sterling going into the crowd. Fans came over the barriers and Sterling ran through the stewards to celebrate.

The way to stop excessive celebration would be allow the conceding team to restart straight away, not necessarily waiting for the scoring team to get into position. 8 players celebrating means only 3 to defend!

In fairness, don't believe presenter Simon Thomas critisised Mike Dean. He asked the question which is his job and pointed out potential crowd safety issues, which Redknapp wasn't prepared to listen to.

Players have brains of a rocking horse. They know they are going to get carded for taking off a shirt or jumping into the crowd. Sterling's first yellow was only a few minute's before. Should have known better!

He wasn't as vociferous as the others, most notably Redknapp, but he did add some critisicm.

And another supposed "expert" wades in. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41061304

Where do they get these muppets from ...?!

Presuming you meant the expert was a muppet rather than Mr Dean, what on earth is wrong with that analysis? Dean missed one possible DOGSO, and gave nothing for an off-the-ground out-of-control obvious red, then books Silva for complaining about his incompetence, and Sterling for his first foul, and a second for celebrating his goal - I look forward to the same treatment for any scorer going near his own fans

What's with the thread title?

Presuming you meant the expert was a muppet rather than Mr Dean, what on earth is wrong with that analysis? Dean missed one possible DOGSO, and gave nothing for an off-the-ground out-of-control obvious red, then books Silva for complaining about his incompetence, and Sterling for his first foul, and a second for celebrating his goal - I look forward to the same treatment for any scorer going near his own fans

Because he is saying that Mike Dean shouldn't have given a caution to Sterling for what was a mandatory caution. Even had his actions not caused a crowd surge, police and steward involvement, and several people arrested, it would still have been a caution.

"Pundits" like this coming out and criticising referees for doing their jobs make it that much harder for grass roots referees in charge of players who have viewed / listened to the comments and taken them as gospel.

For me the Ake challenge was borderline, it was going slightly wide and there was a good chance the keeper would have got there first, so I would have supported either card there. Agree that Cook's challenge should have been a foul and a caution, but it isn't a red for me. If you think Sterling's first challenge shouldn't have been a caution then you need to take the blinkers off I would respectfully suggest as it was as nailed on a caution as you will see (as was his second for that matter).

The f

The fact you think Sterling first foul wasn't a caution show's just how blinkered you are
Off the ground? Behave yourself.
Is dissent okay if the ref got the decision wrong?

The f

The fact you think Sterling first foul wasn't a caution show's just how blinkered you are
Off the ground? Behave yourself.
Is dissent okay if the ref got the decision wrong?

Don't pay attention to bloovee he thinks that the the premier league referees are all biased against Man City all of the time.

I thought this was a referees forum?

Why have man city been refereed to as plastic mancs and Salford city reds?

I've been told several times this is a referees forum not a fans forum so sort it out mods

I thought this was a referees forum?

Why have man city been refereed to as plastic mancs and Salford city reds?

I've been told several times this is a referees forum not a fans forum so sort it out mods

Sorted, hadn't even noticed this to be honest.

@Sheffields Finest, cut it out with the joke team names please.

I haven't seen the Cook challenge again but I'm with Deano on everything else: YC for Ake, not DOGSO, and obvious 2nd YC for Sterling.

On a football related note, I watched this game and I don't think Sterling will make it back into this team so easily. He loses the ball far too easily and doesn't make good decisions. And that was a flukey goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back