A&H

Boots

Sheff Ref

Level 6 Referee
Does everyone on here have 3 pairs of boots?

The reason for my question is that we would be expected to reasonable operate on:

Firm Ground
Soft Ground
Astroturf

After the first few fixtures on (very) firm ground, I have a few blisters and was thinking that maybe I do need some FG boots - ideally Nike Premiers - but I don't have £80 spare unfortunately!

The Referee Store
I will have 2 pairs of boots, moulded and studs, currently looking at Copa Mundials and World Cups. Do you need to spend that much on boots? Sports direct have some offers on

I have all 3 - Astros were a cheap set of Umbros when sports direct had a good offer on

Kaiser 5s are my moulded and stud boots. Last pair of kaiser 5s with studs lasted 4 seasons before they split and needed replacing. Great boots.

Kaiser 5 moulded studs for FG, Puma Kings studs for SG, Uhlsport moulded (which has a minor split) as backup plus Kaiser 5 trainers for Futsal.
All from ProDirect in their sales. £40 is the most I've paid for a single pair. The Uhlsport were £10.

3 pairs , Nike tiempo from sports direct on offer now at £26 for moulds and astro and some puma studs also on offer at sports direct for £31

I mused to have all three but presently down to one pair, soft ground Nike Tiempo. The current firm ground Nike Tiempos are not only too narrow but also are significantly not black enough

Daft question, is there anyone else out there who has wide feet and has boots that are a good fit? I end up having to size up for sake of width which then means blisters everywhere!

Yeah. My feet are like flippers. Nike tiempos worked for me in the past, in that I wore my normal size. Tried on a pair of Adidas copa mundials and they fit a treat too

Daft question, is there anyone else out there who has wide feet and has boots that are a good fit? I end up having to size up for sake of width which then means blisters everywhere!
Like @Ross I used to swear by Nike Tiempos. I've worn them for 15 years but the latest design is just too narrow. Shop assistant suggested a leather pair (£80) and when I said it was 3 match fees, she suggested increasing my travel expenses claim. I barely concealed my giggles before explaining our match fees are all inclusive to stop people fiddling them :)

I have a new pair of umbro moulds for this season but they are already leaving me with wet feet now there is dew on the ground in the morning. I have had same problem with other boots leaking very early in their life between join of sole and uppers around the instep. Are there any recommendations for boots that remain waterproof or anything I can do to any boots to make them waterproof ?

Does everyone on here have 3 pairs of boots?

The reason for my question is that we would be expected to reasonable operate on:

Firm Ground
Soft Ground
Astroturf

After the first few fixtures on (very) firm ground, I have a few blisters and was thinking that maybe I do need some FG boots - ideally Nike Premiers - but I don't have £80 spare unfortunately!
Moulds Only . comfy as hell in the summer and plenty of grip for mud never had a problem with my Copa moulds

Finally splashed the cash and bought myself a another pair of boots for the new season after a tough pre-season on rock hard pitches with studded boots, my feet didn't appreciate the battering!

Going in the sports shops and finding a prominently black pair of adidas that don't cost in excess of £100 is no easy task. In the end, found a pair of blades on ebay for £20. Listing said used, but when they arrived I seriously doubt they had have ever been worn. Feels like I am wearing slippers. Worn them in the last couple of games, feet feel so much better already.

Firm ground - I used to wear rugby boots...
We don't have to comply with the studs rules, their seventh stud at the front was prefect to grip for sprinting. Excellently waterproof, and when to stood on a players toe, they knew....

I only ever us two pairs of boots:

Adidas mundial team astro trainers and copa mundial moulded boots.

I wear the mundial team trainers on all astro surfaces and on grass pitches for most of the season. When the weather gets really wet and pitches are muddy or soft I change to copa mundials. Never had a problem!!!

I share the OCD compassion ... im currently in a pair of adidas boots and I almost look at myself in disgust!

Back