A&H

Boots Recommendation

Kref

Hello RefChatters I have returned after a long abstence of 2 years. Whilst I have been away I am curious even any new football boots have come out and if any of them are any good? And if not so does anyone have anyother recommendations.

The Referee Store
Hey mate,

I'll chuck in. One pair of moulds for astro and studs for grass.

Moulds are Adidas Kaiser 5s. Absolutely gleaming, love them to death.

While my studs are Nike Tiempo. Wouldn't recommend them, they give me blisters on the big toe, and I have rough feet.

Addidas Goletto
1705505290007.png

On the cheaper end around £40.

1705505387595.png
Newer style Timpeo. Not a fan of the blue but seeing more and more colleagues wearing them.

Do not buy the Goletto's if you want a boot that can last a season 🤪

Will report back in a season or so (promise I won't actually bring the thread back from dead mods) on the tiempo's performance.

I will say though slightly more comfy and a better quality feel to the Tiempos so far

Do not buy the Goletto's if you want a boot that can last a season 🤪

Will report back in a season or so (promise I won't actually bring the thread back from dead mods) on the tiempo's performance.

I will say though slightly more comfy and a better quality feel to the Tiempos so far
Valid point in regard the Goletto's, especially if you line more often than not. With the right care however, you have a boot on the cheaper end that can do the job at grassroots. I recently moved away from them and having to buy a pair a year wasn't really an issue due to what I earn back within the NLS.

On the other end of the spectrum price range, I'm also seeing:
  1. Nike The Premier III1705505840747.png
  2. Diadora Brasil Clasico1705505898748.png

Valid point in regard the Goletto's, especially if you line more often than not. With the right care however, you have a boot on the cheaper end that can do the job at grassroots. I recently moved away from them and having to buy a pair a year wasn't really an issue due to what I earn back within the NLS.

On the other end of the spectrum price range, I'm also seeing:
  1. Nike The Premier IIIView attachment 7073
  2. Diadora Brasil ClasicoView attachment 7074
Think my record low was half a season. I've had about 4 or 5 pairs now I reckon.

Adidas Copa aren't a bad boot. Very like those Diadora's which look 💥

My best advice would be don't order from sports direct to be delivered by Evri.

I ordered 2 pairs (FG, SG) on Sat 23rd Dec. Both to be delivered to my local parcel shop for collection (incase I'm at work). One was allegedly delivered to the parcel shop 28th December, the other didn't arrive until Tuesday 9th Jan.

I then went to collect both on 9th Jan to be told the person who could assist only worked 9-5 so I had to wait until Saturday due to work. Went in on Saturday to collect them to be told the shop had no record of them and didn't have them. I'm still awaiting a response from both Sports Direct and Evri as to where the hell my parcels are (both of them) and nobody seems able to give me an answer.

Despite this, I still keep getting emails reminding me to collect

My best advice would be don't order from sports direct to be delivered by Evri.

I ordered 2 pairs (FG, SG) on Sat 23rd Dec. Both to be delivered to my local parcel shop for collection (incase I'm at work). One was allegedly delivered to the parcel shop 28th December, the other didn't arrive until Tuesday 9th Jan.

I then went to collect both on 9th Jan to be told the person who could assist only worked 9-5 so I had to wait until Saturday due to work. Went in on Saturday to collect them to be told the shop had no record of them and didn't have them. I'm still awaiting a response from both Sports Direct and Evri as to where the hell my parcels are (both of them) and nobody seems able to give me an answer.

Despite this, I still keep getting emails reminding me to collect
Don't let sports direct fob you off. They are responsible for the parcels so I'd be suggesting a refund or replacement parcels, preferably with a different courier

My Premier 3's are doing well so far.
I tried them alongside the Copa Gloro, the Premier 3's felt much better to me.

Does anyone know what the UK sizing is like on the Diadora Brasil Clasico? Not had Diadora before, but they do look great...

Tiempo's have been my go-to for a few years now - no comment on the new style, but the older model has always been reliable.

I really like the Premier III, really comfortable and nice and tight. However that might be because I wear three pairs of socks

I’ve worn Copa Mundial for about 18 years on and off. Tried others through playing and always ended up going back to them. Mega comfy and will last years if you look after them. On the pricey side now but I’ve had my latest pair about 6 years. I’m of the pay cheap pay twice thought when it comes to boots.

Apparently New Balance 442 are comfy though so may be worth a look.

Adidas Copa Gloro. £70.

Really please so far. Very comfy. Smart looking.

Goletto didn't last, sadly neither did Adidas Copa Mondial. I think running the line does them both in.

IMG_20240120_082031.jpg

Don't let sports direct fob you off. They are responsible for the parcels so I'd be suggesting a refund or replacement parcels, preferably with a different courier
Update for anyone who cares (which is nobody, but I need to vent)

Sports direct finally sent out a replacement parcel to me this week. Baring in mind the 2 pairs I ordered were originally sent separately and they've only sent out 1 parcel now, I'm yet to ascertain whether they sent both pairs again or just 1 pair, but I had an email this afternoon saying it had been delivered to the Evri Parcelshop I selected (I tried to get sports direct to send this one somewhere else but they said they can only resend to the same location).

I immediately phoned the parcelshop to see if they had it.... they don't.

No way of actually speaking to anyone at sports direct or Evri on the phone about this either, you just have to send emails and wait for a response.

I've now emailed telling them they're a shambles and asking for a full refund. Watch this space.

Back