A&H

Blogging about games

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
This season I will be starting in new leagues and will hopefully get more regular fixtures.
What I would like to do is blog about my thoughts/feelings leading up to a match and the blog afterwards about the match and also how I felt the match went. clearly I am not going to slag off teams saying how poor they were etc etc as they would clearly be unprofessional.

Are there any rules regarding this???

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The Referee Store
This is a good idea, just like keeping a log book really. But as you say, be careful not to say anything derogatory against any of the teams that you ref. You could also review it at the end of the season (and alongside any assessments you have) and see if there is anything for you to improve upon.

But I think the same kind of rules as the FA's 'Social Networking' rules would apply, just be careful what you say about teams/individuals etc and you'll be fine.

Thanks. I managed to contact the FA ref dept on twitter. They have advised strongly AGAINST doing this as it is in breach of social networking and media policy

Dave

The FA aren't keen on forums like this either. As long as you're careful with what's said I'm all for blogs etc

You're right on that Ross. There can be some controversy on forums :eek:.
I'd be all for you doing it too Dave, just be careful with what you say and use it as more of a development tool for you, in that you're mainly talking about your performance and not the 'gobby no.9 who didn't shut it all game' :D.

Right I have decided to do it. As you said mainly talking about my thoughts feelings leading up to the game. Any major incident during the game and how I dealt with it and thoughts/feelings after.

If I can get photos of the grounds beforehand I will do and post them as well. I will not slag off the ground it will act as a more aid memory to which game it was.

The next thing - naming the blog.

Back