A&H

BHA v Liverpool

from the classroom last week UEFA guidance is a shot on goal and HB offence should be YC.
From what I saw the shot was fine i.e. going in or close

To think that UEFA are telling referees that a man should have been sent off (2nd caution) for this makes me nauseous.
Not a fan in the world is expecting a caution for this.
Absolute clowns.

The Referee Store
To think that UEFA are telling referees that a man should have been sent off (2nd caution) for this makes me nauseous.
Not a fan in the world is expecting a caution for this.
Absolute clowns.
If the shot is on target it is very difficult to argue that the handling didn't prevent a promising attack. In this case though it didn't look like it was even close to being on target, so no caution was correct.

If the shot is on target it is very difficult to argue that the handling didn't prevent a promising attack. In this case though it didn't look like it was even close to being on target, so no caution was correct.
As mentioned in the other thread, we have been here before. Actually it's very easy to argue it did not 'perevent' a promising attack. Because the promising attack that was in progress was over* as soon as the shot was take. From there onwards it's either denying a goal or not denying a goal.

* Granted you are not anticipating a high chance of a rebound of the post or keeper to another attacker. Just the fact that there is some chance of it happening doesn't make it a continued promising attack.

As mentioned in the other thread, we have been here before. Actually it's very easy to argue it did not 'perevent' a promising attack. Because the promising attack that was in progress was over* as soon as the shot was take. From there onwards it's either denying a goal or not denying a goal.

* Granted you are not anticipating a high chance of a rebound of the post or keeper to another attacker. Just the fact that there is some chance of it happening doesn't make it a continued promising attack.
Not necessarily, as a very high percentage of on target shots are blocked or saved. A moot point here though as it was clearly off target so was neither SPA nor DOGSO.

As we trudge out to council park 16 for £35 later on, a sobering thought is Mr Var who sees no wrong in the gk clattering, is (99%) off to Qatar to watch the monitors there.

Hope for us all it seems

ESPECIALLY since you're awarding a penalty, which is even more of a promising attack, as a result.

According to multiple posts on Twitter and RSUK, PGMOL said this ...

PGMOL : “The VAR operator (Stuart Attwell) was unable to find any clear evidence that Sanchez made any contact with Diaz from all the camera angles available to him at the time. Therefore, Mike Dean was correctly not asked to take a look at it at the pitch side monitor.”

If that is correct I can only assume the only camera Attwell had access to was located in the car park ... 😂🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

PGMOL : “The VAR operator (Stuart Attwell) was unable to find any clear evidence that Sanchez made any contact with Diaz from all the camera angles available to him at the time. Therefore, Mike Dean was correctly not asked to take a look at it at the pitch side monitor.”

If that is correct I can only assume the only camera Attwell had access to was located in the car park ... 😂🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I've seen that statement credited to a known "troll" account, so would take it with a hefty pinch of salt for now. There's no statement about this match on the actual PGMOL account, so I'd be inclined to assume they haven't decided what story to "clarify" with yet.

On that logic, retrospective yellow card for Diaz for simulation. Is that really an official statement from the PGMOL?

they are making themselves look ridiculous, there was not even a need for Dean to check anything, a simple, Mike, red card gk serious foul play

the end

they are making themselves look ridiculous, there was not even a need for Dean to check anything, a simple, Mike, red card gk serious foul play

the end
I Agree with your red card comment (SFP) after looking at the incident from multiple angles shown on MOTD last night, What did surprise me, is the fact that Mr Deans felt the need to let it go unpunished

I Agree with your red card comment (SFP) after looking at the incident from multiple angles shown on MOTD last night, What did surprise me, is the fact that Mr Deans felt the need to let it go unpunished

as Rusty has quoted, the VAR could find nothing to see.

Was the VAR on that game blind?????

Practising for his Qatar gig

just to throw something else out there, ref, obv thinks var will alert him to anything, spare a thought for the lino....he has a great view but if var is saying nothing to see here, the linos input is void.

I know Anubis has me on ignore, so it"s his problem that he's not read my post, but to reiterate, Rusty's quote is not from the PGMOL and was most likely fabricated on twitter.

I don't agree, if the Lino is seeing something the referee is missing, surely the lino should be alerting the referee to the fact

As lino, you know VAR are doing there thing, check complete

no way on earth the AR, aware the var has replays, angles, etc, is now goimg to pipe up

Back