A&H

Best Ground you have refereed at or ran line?

fatmikey

Level 6 Referee
In the last 4.5 years as a referee I have been lucky enough to referee at an SPL Ground (Kilmarnock) plus a few Scottish Junior (semi-pro) grounds, whats the best ground you've reffed at?

The Referee Store
Refereed and assisted at St George's Park (I live 10 minutes away). Not really a ground but it is the national football centre, seen a few famous faces there as well!

Stade Emile Anthoine in Paris
Nothing fancy about the ground except... the view

e-a2__ndw4h0.jpg

Wembley Stadium
Just to add to this slightly, I've also had the pleasure & privilege of officiating at Watford's Vicarage Road, and Stevenage's LAMEX Stadium. I've done Arsenal u21's at their training ground, likewise with Barnet, QPR & Brentford and then u18's at AFC Wimbledon, Spurs & others.
Some of these were appointments as an L4, whilst others (Wembley for example) was due to contacts!
Will never forget being screamed at by John Barnes & Martin Keown at Wembley Stadium. Was a thing of beauty!

I forgot to add, the amazing heights of Stafford Town FC!! Not a bad little ground considering their level of football

Dene park in hull. The place had just gone bankrupt and so there was no electricity or water in the changing rooms ;)

Really though if both assisted and refereed at Bramall Lane (Sheffield United).

White Hart Lane .... first thing I ever did ... #2 benefit of being in a Ref Association - contacts !!

Harlow Arena formerly and better known as Barrows Farm, has a 3G pitch so you feel like you are floating on air. Just the local ryman league ground but fun walking out of the tunnel and having a good changing room.

@HertsFinest presdales is probably fun to ref but not to play in goal on, the ground is full of tiny shards of flint!

Harlow Arena formerly and better known as Barrows Farm, has a 3G pitch so you feel like you are floating on air. Just the local ryman league ground but fun walking out of the tunnel and having a good changing room.

@HertsFinest presdales is probably fun to ref but not to play in goal on, the ground is full of tiny shards of flint!

Is it :s Ive never noticed that! Will have to check it out. On all the pitches or one in particular? Had 3 games there last weekend! spent a tenner at the burger van! Do you still play dan?

AR at Hillsborough as well as some other grounds of reasonable contrib standard - Sheffield Fc, Stocksbridge Park Steels

Back