A&H

Bending down to head the ball

You didn't see any contact. You can only give what you see. Just do what is right with the information you have.

You seen the defender lower his head in a dangerous manner in the box, you probably expect the defence to be doing everything at 110% as they are desperate inside the box, so a little of what is expected from the game here.

Them claiming high foot when the defender has bent into it, is an easy sell also. A quick verbal, no deliberate contact and the defender has bent into it.

If you didn't see the contact, the goal easily stands. Get out of there fast by running to the happy people (the team that scored). If they continue to swarm you, ask for the captain. Quick explanation and add, if you want to discuss it in more detail we can chat in the changing room at HT/FT.
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate, as this is pretty much what I did. Was in a decent position and didn't see contact, so goal stood.

The Referee Store
I don't think this bit is quite right. The criteria is plays in a manner which threatens injury, which includes fear of playing the ball. (I'm not quoting word for word so forgive) So the fear of playing ball is not a minimum criteria to be met before PIADM can be the offence
Acknowledging your disclaimer, nonetheless here is the exact wording

Screenshot_20240313-092430.jpg
My take on this is different. We have debated the use of the word "includes" before. The way I read this is, as a minimum, it has to have preventing an opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury. It could also have other conditions not added there.

To support my take, let's we say the words after includes are just one way it could be PIADM and they don't necessarily have to be true, then it means an opponent or anyone else doesn't have to be nearby since presence of an opponent is after "includes". A player on their own can attempts a silly trick dangerous to themselves and we'd have to give a FK to opponents. I don't think this was ever the intent of the law.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate, as this is pretty much what I did. Was in a decent position and didn't see contact, so goal stood.
Even if you see contact, it doesn't necessarily mean a free kick. It has to be at least careless. And if you give a direct free kick, it can go either way depending you deeming wich player was careless (I guess this adds to my options).

I remember a clip going around a while back when a keeper caught a low ball but then immediately dived forward unnecessarily and deliberately with head into a attacker's feet who ran there anticipating a possible spill. He did this twice so clearly a tactic. This for me is a penalty. Contact made and at least careless by keeper.

Back