A&H

Ball hits balls

maidenmullet

Hi all,

This has been ticking over my head since the end of last season and I wish to ask before the new one starts!

In one of my matches, the ball hit the 'target' and as a female, I bypassed it as I personally don't know what the pain is like or how long it is prolonged etc. Now I know to call it back if the player is obviously in pain and struggling.

However, I was wondering, to restart the game how is this done? In terms of the ball being kicked purposefully and accidentally.

Many thanks!

A&H International
Hi

As no offence has been committed, a dropped ball to whomever had possession of the ball where they had it when you stopped play would be correct.

Hi all,

This has been ticking over my head since the end of last season and I wish to ask before the new one starts!

In one of my matches, the ball hit the 'target' and as a female, I bypassed it as I personally don't know what the pain is like or how long it is prolonged etc. Now I know to call it back if the player is obviously in pain and struggling.

However, I was wondering, to restart the game how is this done? In terms of the ball being kicked purposefully and accidentally.

Many thanks!
If you stop play, and no offence has occurred, restart with a dropped ball to the team which last touched the ball (possibly in this case the injured party) or if it was in the penalty area or last played in the penalty area drop it to the goalkeeper.
Usually worth waiting a few seconds before stopping play, as sometimes not necessary in these cases.

Whilst sore, and very painful... I am not certain a ball to the nether regions is always necessary to stop play. Is it a serious injury?
999/1000 physio does absolutely nothing but laugh or shrug their shoulders as if to say what do you want me to do about it.

I'm struggling to see a real world situation where the ball is in play and there is an offense from kicking a ball at an opponent. If a ball is deliberately kicked at an opponent hard enough to cause this kind of injury, it's VC and a send off. But the restart doesn't change as the ball was already out of play.

In the extremely unlikely event it happens with the ball in play (crazed GK loses his mind and deliberately punts the ball into the opponent?) it would be a DFK (or PK if the contact with the opponent occurred in the PA) in addition to the red card.

As to whether to stop play, well it depends. What level? In a professional game, certainly not. But in a low level game I would stop, as the definition of what injury is "serious" expands at lower levels.

And most men are being a bit overdramatic when they get hit down there, I bet they would be up and going again to score a goal if they needed to be.

I'm struggling to see a real world situation where the ball is in play and there is an offense from kicking a ball at an opponent. If a ball is deliberately kicked at an opponent hard enough to cause this kind of injury, it's VC and a send off. But the restart doesn't change as the ball was already out of play.

In the extremely unlikely event it happens with the ball in play (crazed GK loses his mind and deliberately punts the ball into the opponent?) it would be a DFK (or PK if the contact with the opponent occurred in the PA) in addition to the red card.

As to whether to stop play, well it depends. What level? In a professional game, certainly not. But in a low level game I would stop, as the definition of what injury is "serious" expands at lower levels.
I don't think the OP suggested anything other than "accidentally" which is why the replies have gone "dropped ball" (?)

Whilst sore, and very painful... I am not certain a ball to the nether regions is always necessary to stop play. Is it a serious injury?
999/1000 physio does absolutely nothing but laugh or shrug their shoulders as if to say what do you want me to do about it.
"Rub it better" would be the expected response if asked. 😁

I don't think the OP suggested anything other than "accidentally" which is why the replies have gone "dropped ball" (?)

Asked about both: "However, I was wondering, to restart the game how is this done? In terms of the ball being kicked purposefully and accidentally." But as I said, purposefully in live play is unlikely at best.

Back