A&H

ARS v MUN

The Referee Store
Interesting game for the neutral!

2 United claims for penalties, neither given. Arsenal goal disallowed by VAR for offside, but then given as a penalty for a foul immediately before the offside, you couldn't make it up.

Peter Walton said the handball couldn't be given as the ball was trapped under a falling player. Arsenal will probably say it was the correct call, where as United could claim Cedric dragged the ball back with his arm as he fell.

More of the same in the second half please! :D

Would your natural body movement cause your arm to move backwards towards the ball like that? Don't think we have heard the end of the arguments on that one. :confused:

Utter stupidity of a so called professional jumping for a header with your hand outstretched above your head, can't really complain.

Ronaldo offside was a lot closer than it looked in real time!

Dubious "challenge" on Elanga, leaning in from behind. Could be argued it begun outside the area and continued inside.

The 3-1 Xhaka goal. There’s a player in an offside position on the pen spot. De Gea had to lean over to look around him to see Xhaka’s shot. This must be offside.

Fernandez VAR. For any grassroots refs watching. This is a red card. It’s excessive force and IMHO a deliberate stamp. Point of contact top of foot and ankle, force moderate to hard, studs first, no attempt to play the ball.

I’ve only watched 10 mins and there have been a lot of yellow cards, an offside goal and a missed RC. What the f are they playing at?

The 3-1 Xhaka goal. There’s a player in an offside position on the pen spot. De Gea had to lean over to look around him to see Xhaka’s shot. This must be offside.
Yeh I thought that, I’m confused more focus wasn’t given to it.

Pawson and his team have had a really poor game, and that’s not just club bias, Bruno was a red as well. Shame for him ahead of his big appointment

Fernandez missed pen - LOL - would have been illegal surely feinting at the end…

And seeing the missed handball… on one hand this does not present well for a showpiece but this also shows that there are huge structural problems for PGMOL with this directive to keep players on the field, have a high bar for pens and not make decisions via VAR.

Yeh I thought that, I’m confused more focus wasn’t given to it.

Pawson and his team have had a really poor game, and that’s not just club bias, Bruno was a red as well. Shame for him ahead of his big appointment
No one appealed - and thar has been cited in these line of sight csses before - ridiculous for me. De Gea clearly impacted, player directly in line goal hanging on the spot. Lord.

Back