A&H

Appts on Line

WalterPinkman

Hi everyone,
I was querying as to how you get appts on the line. I appreciate I may not get any this season but want to do lines as well as middles for next season. I currently and want to stay officiating on youth football so do I wait for line appts or do I have to contact my county?

Thanks

The Referee Store
Speak to Adrian at CFA. Also, speak to the academies as they will envourage you with the right games in the right enviroment with support and guidance. Some have gone from L9 through to L2a as we stand.

@DanCohen17 is there a link to a website for the academy because I can't seem to find it? Thanks
Ben, as far as I know there isn't. If you contact either Andy or Adrian at the office, they'll provide you with the relevant details. If you have a 'Capital Referee' to hand, the contact details are all on the back page.

Also worth mentioning to your refs Sec on your league that you want to do them as this time of year there are more 'normal' games that require neutral assistants.

Title decides, latter stages of cup etc

I do about 80% of my lines in the last month or so of the season simply because of the number of title deciders and semi-finals/finals going on.

You'll find the assistant appointments find you rather than you finding them but if you let your Sec know I'm sure they will find you one quick enough :)

Basically, talk to your CFA to get put on academy games to gain initial experience and then progress onto your local supply league (requires you to be Level 7 minimum, some higher supply leagues have higher requirements.)

Back