A&H

Appealing a DOGSO

Hoppy2011

Level 7 Referee
I sent a player off in an u14's game a few weeks ago for DOGSO, having checked the County Discipline site found the player not on suspension list so a quick phone call later found out they have appealed the decision. Would should I expect to face? Thanks.

The Referee Store
I was under the impression that the appeals procedure had been binned unless there was video evidence or it was a case of mistaken identity.

Apparently not in the case of junior football, which i dont remember being told when they said the appeal system had been changed

You'll be invited to a hearing, they'll ask you if you have anything else to say with regards to your report. You'll then be sent on your way with a cheque for expenses incurred in travelling.

Well that's what happened last time I went to one

Cheers Ross, ive got a feeling that they may change thier mind and not appeal after they have played in the final!

You'll be asked to wait in a waiting area and you will be asked for a note of your expenses. You will be invited into the room where the offending player will also be present. The disciplinary board will be made up of 3 members of the County FA Committee and there will be a 4th person taking notes. You will be asked by the Chairman of the Board if there's anything you want to add to your report. The player charged will be given the opportunity to ask you questions about your report in an effort to undermine the facts contained within it. They may also present witnesses who contradict either you or the person they are supposed to support OR both!

At the conclusion of the preenting of all information, you'll be let out by the fire door nearest the car park while the player will be sent to a waiting area. After a few minutes, the player will be called back in and given the result of the appeal.

Back