A&H

Anyone know this London referee?

Aside from the horror two footer, I was annoyed by the guys positioning. Get wide man! and at least try and make an effort to follow fast breaks!

In a more positive manner - the ref seemed to have a very relaxed attitude during play and during restarts liked to be reassuring close to players!

Lol, I like the development points SM, but getting wide is THE LEAST of this ref's problems.
I could have spotted the horror tackle and the several cautions he ignored from the centre circle ;)

The Referee Store
Been a long time since I've seen a referee this utterly disinterested in the game. Quite appalling really. Mistakes I can handle. But at least look like you're actually trying to do something other than daydream about which ale you're going to spend your match fee on.

Penalty decision at the start? Appalling decision, but the referee might have had a chance if he bothered to get himself into the same suburb as the ball.
2:30...well, that speaks for itself. Atrocious tackle. Referee had full view. To not even give a yellow for that? wtf???

upload_2016-1-22_10-11-1.png

What on earth is with his positioning? I thought the ref was the keeper for a minute! He actually ambled across the face of the goalmouth!!!
5:18 correct penalty there

Nice to see undershorts law not enforced...or correct sub procedure, for that matter.

7:10 - no issues with a spectator wandering onto the field? Another terrible tackle. Yellow only, but poorly managed by the referee. Did nothing to indicate he was taking care of it, hence the handbags.

7:43 timewasting, again not dealt with. I'm ok with no caution here, but something had to be done to draw the line. Foul immediately after, 5 yards in front of the ref (off the ball push), nothing..

7:59 slow whistle from a referee who has no feel for the game. Doesn't realise it's heating up and players are belting each other off the ball.

8:05 - what do we think of this? Yes there are hands in the back, but he seemed to go down a bit easy. Not quite convinced of a pen, not quite convinced of a dive myself. Player's reaction affirms the decision as correct, but that's only a 'nice to know' - decision needs to be made before he rolls over and looks at the ref.

Hilarious commentating though!

My favourite bit was the attempt at simulation by the blue 28 on 7:55! His team mate appears to buy it and charges in to shove the opponent back (not sure I can say "back" when there really is nothing to retaliate to!)
The bit at the throw? Wasn't simulation, he just tripped over himself.

Thames Gateway v Palmers FC, Thurrock Association Sunday League, 20/09/2015. Both the League and the Referee are affiliated to Essex, so @deusex stop tarring us Londoners with the Essex brush - us London refs don't include white teeth and fake tan as part of the kit check.

If we can name names, we can (for what discernable benefit?), otherwise FA Full-Time website tells you all you need to know! and he has received his 10 year award from Essex FA in 2013 - 10 years of un assessed / undetected "last-weeks-ref" activities.

Can we change the thread title to reflect the REAL CFA of the OP please.

Thames Gateway v Palmers FC, Thurrock Association Sunday League, 20/09/2015. Both the League and the Referee are affiliated to Essex, so @deusex stop tarring us Londoners with the Essex brush - us London refs don't include white teeth and fake tan as part of the kit check.

If we can name names, we can (for what discernable benefit?), otherwise FA Full-Time website tells you all you need to know! and he has received his 10 year award from Essex FA in 2013 - 10 years of un assessed / undetected "last-weeks-ref" activities.

Can we change the thread title to reflect the REAL CFA of the OP please.
Sheesh, typical Londoner! Want to claim the neighbouring counties as theirs when it's good news and cheaper travel on their Oyster card, but as soon as it's bad news, its always Essex or Middlesex or Surrey or Kent et al that's at fault.

(Tongue firmly in cheek because we don't do anything of the sort in God's Country)

Sheesh, typical Londoner! Want to claim the neighbouring counties as theirs when it's good news and cheaper travel on their Oyster card, but as soon as it's bad news, its always Essex or Middlesex or Surrey or Kent et al that's at fault.
Being picky, the former county of Middlesex (name still used by the post office etc) covers a large part of North and West of the Greater London area. ;)

Was born and grew up on the outskirts of London and still a proud "Middlesexonian", despite jumping ship for the sometimes sunny south coast 9 years ago! :)

As has been mentioned previously, the referee's positioning in the box is staggering. Has this guy even glanced at the LOTG since he registered 10 years ago? Plenty of guidance in there in terms of postiioning etc... I am not going to bother trying to understand his apparent "clear foul detection" and respective punishment inabilities! :confused:

I never have or ever will profess to being the anywhere near the best referee out there, far from it. I would be the first to admit I have made mistakes, at times been far too lenient for certain offences especially with younger age groups, but know deep down my decisions are always honest based on what I have seen. I have no interest in the promotion scheme, never have and never will, I know my limitations. I am 42 years old, my fitness over the years has suffered from having 2 dodgy knees and a temperamental ankle as a result of skiing and football related injuries. So even if I was interested in progressing up the refereeing ladder, it would be a non-starter.

However I would like to think having watched football avidly since I was 6 or 7 years old and taken up refereeing (after being strongly persuaded at 24 hours notice) when my son was 7 years old that I have a fairly good idea of where I need/would like to be on the pitch during open play and set pieces.

Judging by the "standard" of football and the distinct lack of respect on and off the pitch, it takes some balls to wear black and step out into the middle of that lot, but once you are out there at least try to make it look like you give a damn! :mad:

I've skim read this, no the guys not had best game.

Whether you think the guy is LWR then fine, but this is a game that can easily be found out who he is, and has been.

Highly disrespectful to another human being......not just a referee!

I hope the poor bloke never sees this

I've skim read this, no the guys not had best game.

Whether you think the guy is LWR then fine, but this is a game that can easily be found out who he is, and has been.

Highly disrespectful to another human being......not just a referee!

I hope the poor bloke never sees this

No...God forbid he should ever read this and realise what a poor performance it was......probably thinks he had a great game.

Whether he had the worst game in the world ever he doesn't deserve a load of strangers abusing him online!

Whether he had the worst game in the world ever he doesn't deserve a load of strangers abusing him online!

Not seen any personal attacks on him, just his performance, which was abysmal.
The safety of players in that league is more important than hurting this guy's feelings.
If this is an indication of his standard level of performance then I don't want him anywhere near open age football.
That match could have got A LOT nastier!

his hair is rather messy ... there, now its personal!

I jest, I jest.

agreed, bit harsh, but at the same time ...

1. no personal digs at him
2. this is a referees forum, where discuss the likes of this and I don't feel anyone has been overly harsh on him?
3. has he been named? I know his name, as does @Alex71 and im sure a few others - this is a 'ive got a story about a ref' moment - its a video that is available free on youtube!

his refereeing was woeful that day

Whilst I see where you are coming from and I agree in principle, I don't think he has been named on this forum, and while people have criticised his performance during that match I don't think I've seen any personal attacks directed at him.

Added to the fact that this is a video which is freely available on a reasonably popular youtube channel (99,116 subscribers), and that it has been viewed 123,661 times I don't think that it getting posted here is going to cause too much trouble.

If anything this video should serve as a warning to all of us, anyone can turn up and legally film a match that is played on public property http://content.met.police.uk/Site/photographyadvice, so we should all be wary of letting ourstandards slip.

Back