A&H

Andorra vs wales

SM

The avuncular one
Anyone watching this? They are using a 3G pitch and the bounce is horrible. Randomly flicks up.

Is that normal?

The Referee Store
How UEFA approved this pitch it's beyond me. The black balls arn't even evenly spread. What a joke. Least Bale saved us, unless we smash the next team in Cardiff I'm still dubious of Chris Coleman.

Cyprus beating Bosnia is a result mind. I hope we some how qualify out of this group.

It was a rushed job if you ask me Andorra failed the tests and really wanted to use this stadium tonight.

How UEFA approved this pitch it's beyond me.

There are worse grass pitches to play on. In recent memory they were digging steel bolts out of the pitch at Levski Sofia in Bulgaria before a UEFA game. There's a lot of negativity surrounding artificial pitches as we're not used to them. Funny how managers are always in favour of "new technology" when it comes to refereeing but enthusiasm wanes when it's pitches?

Least Bale saved us, unless we smash the next team in Cardiff I'm still dubious of Chris Coleman.

Almost got found out, so he's reverted to type blaming the pitch and the referee. http://www1.skysports.com/football/...of-pitch-and-referee-after-wales-beat-andorra

Simple statement, not a defence. What about the lower league grounds where it's just a muddy middle track that makes the ball stick in the FA Cup third round onward? Give them the choice and I'm sure that there would be some who would pick the synthetic.

The real issue is, collectively minds are already made up about synthetic surfaces. So many people remember the original AstroTurf, covered in sand and would strip skin off you and leave you with minor burns if you slid. The new stuff isn't like that and requires a decent first touch....which British nations lack. The default position is to blame the surface - after all before the Croatia debacle at Wembley that saw the Wally with the Brolly headlines, the synthetic pitch in Moscow was being lined up as a fall guy for England's potential failure to qualify for the European Championships.

Lol did you watch the game? The bounce was unnatural and unpredictable making first touch difficult. It had black clouds fly up every time the ball skinned the surface. It looked like playing on flat sand.

I have never seen 3G before but if that is what it is like, it's horrible.

Don't think I am using that as an excuse for wales relatively poor showing mind, we could have been on a bowling green and still manage to not string 2 passes together! :) but also :(

This is by no means a 'normal' 3/4G surface. I've played at numerous different grounds that are 3 or 4G and are considerably better than these. Those that are NW London are likely to have been to Barnet's training ground (The Hive), Rowley Lane in Arkley, Hertfordshire Uni in Hatfield and many others. These are all top quality surfaces that I, as a player & coach, would be incredibly happy to take a team to.

There was far too much rubber crumb (the black stuff that could be seen) on that Andorra pitch and it wasn't evenly spread either. It also wasn't flat-built underneath, hence the strange bouncing and random 'pop' of the ball!

Those of you who've never experienced 3/4G, please don't base your opinion on that embarrassment of a pitch!

Back