A&H

And what's wrong with a Mondeo?

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
I am now into my fourth year owning my 2007 Mondeo TDCI 140 2.0 diesel car, just MOT'd it for the fourth time and for the fourth time on the trot it passed with flying colours... how can people criticise these cars.. best car i ever bought. All i've replaced in this time is tyres and light bulbs just general wear and tear things.
This is a thing though, when i booked it in for the MOT the mechanic said get an MOT done first as a lot of checks done in the test are done in a service so they wont get done twice, so in the service its just filters/oils/ and fluids changed, it actually saved me £80.....

The Referee Store
Owned a Sierra back in the 90's. Great motor. Can't speak for the ownership of a Mondeo, but one of our white fleet vehicles at work is a 2 year old Mondeo and it's a beautiful drive I have to say. A bit out of my price league though. ;)

Being a shooter, I need a 4x4 so I tend to go for Land Rover. :)

Many moons ago i bought a Sierra 1.6 petrol to drive as a taxi, that was a very good car first thing that went was the clutch cable after 2 years but that was a straight hook on back of pedal then to a linkage coming out of floor 2 minute job..... Then year later water pump went. Not surprising being driven 13 hours a day 6 days a week.

god I hate a Ford ...

I've got my Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - 1.4t MultiAir in biancospino white, upgraded diamond cut face & matt black 18" rims, and alcantara Sabelt bucket racing seats (with the Alfa badge stitched in)

to say I love it, would be an understatement! bit different to my old Fiat Coupe (god that car was quick!! 300bhp, 0-6 5seconds! :eek::eek:)

this is my 5 Italian car ... think I may have an issue :p - only owned a Mini Cooper S JCW convertible and a Clio 182 Cup outside of Italy! lol

get a few times - 'bloody hell Ref, I think your getting paid to much!' - specially when I take the ol' mans Range Rover to games :cool:

god I hate a Ford ...

I've got my Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - 1.4t MultiAir in biancospino white, upgraded diamond cut face & matt black 18" rims, and alcantara Sabelt bucket racing seats (with the Alfa badge stitched in)

to say I love it, would be an understatement! bit different to my old Fiat Coupe (god that car was quick!! 300bhp, 0-6 5seconds! :eek::eek:)

this is my 5 Italian car ... think I may have an issue :p - only owned a Mini Cooper S JCW convertible and a Clio 182 Cup outside of Italy! lol

get a few times - 'bloody hell Ref, I think your getting paid to much!' - specially when I take the ol' mans Range Rover to games :cool:
Oi - you're an Essex Man like me - get on board - buy a Ford !!

I've had a fiesta, fiesta, focus and now a focus ... probably looking at a Fusion next ..!

I almost bought a new Mondeo a few years back. I've had quite a few cars in the past from sports cars to hatchbacks... My favourite in this class of vehicle (The conventional family vehicle) is the Vectra. I've owned 2 in the past.

A few mates of mine have Mondeo's, they're good for the commutes :)

I just cant bring myself to buy one!

although ... the Fiesta ST-3 - they are so f***ing nice! in Ford Frozen White!

When you get to my age you'll appreciate the lower boot in the Fusion

I find them thoughtfully designed inside and out, with now a four-door sedan that resists blending in. The Fusion has a distinctive silhouette and an array of available smart technologies. Its bold look ignores the old notions of what a full-size sedan is expected to be.

The 2016 Ford Fusion offers a wide variety of engines, transmissions and front or all-wheel drive trains. With the Ford Fusion, it starts with a standard 2.5L i-VCT I-4 engine. Two EcoBoost® engines as well as two hybrid powertrains are also available. And for a totally engaged driving experience, the six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission with paddle shifters is available too. Front-wheel drive is standard. But if you want enhanced traction when road conditions are less than optimal, you can equip the Fusion with available Intelligent all-wheel drive. And to help provide a comfortable driving experience and responsive steering, electric power-assisted steering comes standard.

... I'm sold ...

I worked for Ford for 14 years, until 2008 and they made some decent cars. I had a lot of company cars as I was in the management team and the Mondeos I had were superb. There's a lot of badge snobbery going on, and all makes have their good and bad points. I was until recently into older BMWs, changing them every 6-9 months, but they are just over-engineered and go wrong too easily, so I stopped that hobby.

In the end cars are a hugely depreciating asset, so buy what suits and run it as long as you can. I run my car on my match fees, so it's a cheap runaround. Mrs MW has the decent car.

I'm thinking about a Skoda Octavia Vrs or Seat Leon Cupra 290 at the moment, but can't quite bring myself to sign it off.

I've had my current mondeo 4 years now and it flew(as i prev stated) through its mot and no advisories.... four mot's and four straight passes...when i get it tested i get it serviced, also helps i got a good garage and the mechanics are brilliant no rip off. I travel 8 miles to them to get my car done and the service i get from them is worth it.I must admit when my wife and i went a garage 4 years ago she went straight to the mondeo and said "this one" she picked it and haven't looked back since. OK its fully loaded ,6 speed gearbox, accelerates like a jet, electric everything, but it does look good.

Back