A&H

Junior/Youth An Interesting Incident Last Night

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Hi everyone,

I had an interesting incident in an U12 match last night that I wanted to get some opinions on:

About 60 minutes in Blue 6 steps across and blocks the Yellow attacker on the touch line, free kick. Not a dirty game by any means, so I had a word and left it at that. As I turned to mark out the wall, Blue 7 comes across and starts to have a go at 6 for giving the foul away. I went to go across to the players and as I did, Blue 6 started to walk away, 7 stuck a leg out and tripped him up. I've no idea why he did it, and it's not something I've seen before. I knew I couldn't let it go unpunished. It wasn't violent conduct as far as I was concerned so I took out the yellow card and booked him. I then brought the two players together, got 7 to apologise and left it at that. The subsequent free kick went out for a corner and 6 went down, saying he'd been hurt by 7 when he tripped him. The manager came on and treated him and 7 wandered over again as he got up. Again, they started to argue so I walked out of the box and took both to a neutral area, along with the manager. I basically told them that this was unacceptable and that I was not going to allow it to continue. Thankfully, it calmed down and that was the end of it. A slightly odd one to say the least.

I'm pretty confident that I got it right but I haven't got a clue what code to send in the yellow with. Any ideas anyone?

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Unsporting Behaviour. You may have to specify what it was for, and so 'TR' would match it perfectly! Tripping if you didn't guess :p

Haha :p That's what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure if the same would apply to tripping a team mate rather than an opponent!

It will be fine - you don't need to say who the "victim" was - he is just an idiot for acting like that and continuing his behaviour

Back